Spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
83478-4935358092.jpg
I adopted a dragon and she has these spots on her stomach. It doesn't look like yf - what is it and how to get rid of it?

Gail

BD.org Addict
Looks like diry shed that didn't come off. Try soaking her for awhile then gently scrubbing with a soft toothbrush. It won't remove the stains but it might help loosen the skin.

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
Been soaking for two days now, and adding shed aid - it's still the same

BruceLarryOzzie

Hatchling Member
We adopted two dragons that both had built up dirty shed on their tails. I gave them regular baths like every couple days. It took about two weeks to loosen up and finally come off. Keep pictures to see it you notice it changing. That will help you if you end up at the vet.

Sometimes if they sit in their poop too many times, the scales will get dirty and you have to wait for a shed.

I know nothing about fungus so I cannot comment on that.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that it looks like dirty or stuck scales. I've seen that on one of my rescues. Not harmful but may take a while to clear via shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom