Black spots on scales. Need help identifying.

GMANM1961

Beardie name(s)
Charlton
Hello everyone. This is Charlton. He is 2 and a half years old. We have been talking him to the vet for some time now because of the black spots on him. He has had them surgically removed twice and it's returning. Currently giving antibiotics. Biopsies revealed nothing twice. Does anyone know what this is, and if so how to treat it. Vet says it's bacterial but we have gone through several times of giving him shots.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20240214_181009.jpg
    20240214_181009.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20240214_180950.jpg
    20240214_180950.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20240214_180946.jpg
    20240214_180946.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 38

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Hello everyone. This is Charlton. He is 2 and a half years old. We have been talking him to the vet for some time now because of the black spots on him. He has had them surgically removed twice and it's returning. Currently giving antibiotics. Biopsies revealed nothing twice. Does anyone know what this is, and if so how to treat it. Vet says it's bacterial but we have gone through several times of giving him shots.
Thanks
@Drache613 is the best person to ask. She is on late at night though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did they say what type of bacteria it is & which medication was given? The biopsies didn't show
anything at all?
It appears to be an abscess there. How many times have they removed it?
You could try some silver gel as that is an antimicrobial & antibacterial agent. Does it seem to bother
him at all?

Tracie

GMANM1961

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlton
It hasn't affected him so far. He is eating well and very active. They didn't say what kind of bacteria...don't think they know. Been surgically removed twice. When I touch it He doesn't pull away. Do I need a prescription for that silver .

GMANM1961

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlton
Hello,

The silver gel should help a lot! How is he doing today, any improvements so far?

Tracie
I started applying it yesterday. I have high hopes. I don't understand why it won't go away. I don't know how many rounds of antibiotics shots I have administered. We keep him and his enclosure clean. I love him as if he was my child. His temperatures are good in the enclosure as well as humidity. New urban every 6 months.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, that is improvement there, that's great to see it is already looking better with just a couple of
treatments! If it is fungal in nature then most likely the antibiotic shots were not doing any good at
all & were probably making it worse.
He is getting better so I'm sure he is happy about that!
Continue with keeping everything clean for him & applying the silver daily as well. Hopefully it will
keep looking better each day!

Tracie

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Only the second application..but I am seeing results. Spots are much smaller and don't seem swollen.
Wow that's awesome. I didn't expect results that quickly

GMANM1961

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlton
It seems the swelling has gone down. The one by his back leg is like a volcano. But it doesn't look as bad. I am still giving the antibiotic shots. I give him a betadine bath every few days as well as silver gel.

Attachments

• 20240220_093012.jpg
    20240220_093012.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240220_092911.jpg
    20240220_092911.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 19

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom