Should I be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nove2112

So my beardie wanted to come out of his cage so I let him out. He was on the ground and ran to eat something. I have no idea what he ate but he did eat something. Should I be concerned or do anything about it?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, because you have no way of knowing what it was just keep an eye on him. If he begins to act lethargic, black beard or have obvious signs of distress like blood in his poo, vomiting, straining to go, then you'd want to get him to an experienced reptile emergency vet. But most small objects pass through with no problem, although we wouldn't want them to swallow anything. So far on this forum there have been beardies who have eaten coins, rubber bands, small rocks, a dust bunny with hair, and an entire sandwich bag. The rocks + sandwich bag all came out [ plastic sandwich bag, took a month but dragon never showed signs of distress at all ]

As a precaution you can feed him baby food squash, sweet potato, green beans a few times a week but feed him normally. This will help any foreign object to move along the G.I tract and be expelled after a bit. Be very careful from now on, check the room before letting him loose again. :)

Nove2112

Original Poster
I have no idea what it is but from the quick glance that I got of it, it looked small enough for him to eat. When he did eat it, it sounded crunchy like a cricket which I do have a few around my house.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well that would be a best case scenario. Or it might have been a piece of cereal or something like Cap'n Crunch. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom