Set Up Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuberNS92

Original Poster
Jess":dazm1w9o said:
It reads the temperature in 2 different places (The basking spot and the cool side) and it also reads the humidity. :)

Yeah, it's just a matter of convincing my mom LOL. :roll: I'm kind of terrified of crickets, so they aren't working out too well for me.

Hmm okay i'm probably going to get that one. What should the cool side temp be? He spends most of his time under the light so I never worried about the coolside much.

Haha how are you terrified of crickets :eek: . Then you should definitely get the roaches. But i'd get them soon so they can colonize.

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
HuberNS92":1b4oqffe said:
Awesome thanks. What does everyone think about the calc- or vita-sand that is sold in stores. I know its rumored to caused impaction but i'm going to get it for him when he is an adult I think? It seems harmless enough. Any thoughts?

Calcium sand is one of the worst substrates you can use, not because of impaction risks but because of the risk of respiratory infection and conjunctivitis. If you want to use sand get washed playsand, it's much cheaper(around $4 for a 50 lb. bag). I personally use playsand in 4 enclosures and have never had a problem.

Jess

Extreme Poster
HuberNS92":1lijpnfu said:
Hmm okay i'm probably going to get that one. What should the cool side temp be? He spends most of his time under the light so I never worried about the coolside much.

Haha how are you terrified of crickets :eek: . Then you should definitely get the roaches. But i'd get them soon so they can colonize.

Between 75-85*F for the cool side.

Because they have wing, and they enjoy unpredictably jumping at my face. :( I can't even touch them LOL. That's why I have tweezers!
I'd get them in August, and they will have more than enough time to breed when my beardie brumates. He's an adult and he doesn't eat too many bugs, so I only want a very small colony of them.

HuberNS92

Original Poster
Jess":3crh516t said:
HuberNS92":3crh516t said:

Between 75-85*F for the cool side.

Because they have wing, and they enjoy unpredictably jumping at my face. :( I can't even touch them LOL. That's why I have tweezers!
I'd get them in August, and they will have more than enough time to breed when my beardie brumates. He's an adult and he doesn't eat too many bugs, so I only want a very small colony of them.

Haha I feel like that i something you might want to get around :lol:

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
I am a little skittish around the crickets too lol anything else I have no issues but the crickets.....ick jumpy eewie little things :oops:

HuberNS92

Original Poster
Kalyn876":1m846g0y said:
I am a little skittish around the crickets too lol anything else I have no issues but the crickets.....ick jumpy eewie little things :oops:

Haha they won't hurt you!!! You just have to get used to them that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom