Bulbs

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
So, I have flukers basking bulb 100W in a 40-48 gallon tank, it has to be 6 inches away in order to reach correct heat, it’s good at first but after a month it starts getting slower in heat. I am upgrading to a 120 gallon tank this Christmas and I’m wondering what bulbs y’all recommend putting on my Christmas wishlist (that you may can find on Amazon). And what wattage y’all use and how far from the surface the bulb is for y’all’s tank. I currently have the flukers 150W and the zoomed reptile basking spot in 150W. Do y’all recommend those or do y’all prefer others?? I did take off the ceramic heat admitter bc it’s not to cold rn at my house and I’d rather buy it myself as my parents don’t rlly understand that stuff

Attachments

• IMG_2926.jpg
    IMG_2926.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2925.jpg
    IMG_2925.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 26

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So, I have flukers basking bulb 100W in a 40-48 gallon tank, it has to be 6 inches away in order to reach correct heat, it’s good at first but after a month it starts getting slower in heat. I am upgrading to a 120 gallon tank this Christmas and I’m wondering what bulbs y’all recommend putting on my Christmas wishlist (that you may can find on Amazon). And what wattage y’all use and how far from the surface the bulb is for y’all’s tank. I currently have the flukers 150W and the zoomed reptile basking spot in 150W. Do y’all recommend those or do y’all prefer others?? I did take off the ceramic heat admitter bc it’s not to cold rn at my house and I’d rather buy it myself as my parents don’t rlly understand that stuff
I am using the flukers basking 150 watt and a 75 watt two different domes on my 120 gallon- it offers different temps in the hot side basking area so they can pick the spot where they want to bask- the che is placed on center of screen top but only run on nights that is below zero- it's going to be trial and error w/ your basking bulbs-

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
I am using the flukers basking 150 watt and a 75 watt two different domes on my 120 gallon- it offers different temps in the hot side basking area so they can pick the spot where they want to bask- the che is placed on center of screen top but only run on nights that is below zero- it's going to be trial and error w/ your basking bulbs-
Do you have to have the 75W and 150W or can you just have one?

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Do you have to have the 75W and 150W or can you just have one?
Do you recommend any other basking bulb brands that isn’t flukers, for me it doesn’t seem that flukers last very long. Mine have blown yet but they are producing less and less heat as they go

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom