New bearded dragon cage

QibliLover1

Beardie name(s)
Qibli
I have made it a summer project to build both of my bearded dragons a new basking spot and I would like you guys to check it out and send me any suggestions you might have I’m planning on gluing it tomorrow with crafting glue and after that’s set Imma use expanding foam for extra support then after that I’ll shave it and start the process of grouting

Attachments

• IMG_7157.jpeg
    IMG_7157.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 110

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have made it a summer project to build both of my bearded dragons a new basking spot and I would like you guys to check it out and send me any suggestions you might have I’m planning on gluing it tomorrow with crafting glue and after that’s set Imma use expanding foam for extra support then after that I’ll shave it and start the process of grouting
Lets have CooperDragon look at this and help
@CooperDragon

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Wow, that's cool.!
I have regrets about buying one; Although I'm not a carpenter.
That's nice.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks like it will add a lot more space and some nice hides along with the elevated basking areas. One thing I'd check is the ramps to make sure they aren't too steep to climb up and down easily. If you can't add a bend to them to decrease the steepness, then you could add some grips or texture across the top to make it easier to climb. It's not necessarily a problem, just something to keep an eye on as you build and test.

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
That looks like it will add a lot more space and some nice hides along with the elevated basking areas. One thing I'd check is the ramps to make sure they aren't too steep to climb up and down easily. If you can't add a bend to them to decrease the steepness, then you could add some grips or texture across the top to make it easier to climb. It's not necessarily a problem, just something to keep an eye on as you build and test.
I was going to use spray foam to shave it down and give it texture

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom