See pg 103 regarding Vicky's surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Dawn in that I'm glad she was in your arms when she died. It was probably a comfort to her to have you trying to help her and comfort her. I'm soo sorry I do know how much you hurt as we've lost several beardies as well.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thank you. I am glad she was not alone. I had my friend over too(hubby was at work so he called her and told her to come) and we were taking turns with holding her so she always knew someone was there with her. I have decided to bury her.I am extending her favorite flower garden in the fron just for her. I will post a picture of it once I finish.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I'm glad you had a friend over and did not have to be alone.
I think Jaba will very much love being in the garden.
We would love to see her final resting place when you are done. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

keschete

Sub-Adult Member
I just read this and I am so sorry for your loss! It is incredible how much these guys worm there way into your heart. We have lost too many beardies this year on the forum! Hugs and if you need anything feel free to message me!!! We are all thinking about you and Jaba!

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Vicky, This is a tear-jerker alert, please read only when you are ready.

I too am so glad that you were there for Jaba. :) I know it was a comfort for her... I lost my dear Monet in a similar way, perfectly happy, everything's fine and then... It is terrifying, and we love them and we hold them and there's nothing we can do but love them, pray, and then they are gone. :cry: Monet was terrified when I picked her up, but seeing me, she calmed. She was paralyzed except for that look in her eye. I held her until she let go. And we cry, but we know they are with us, and that helps. Jaba will continue to look out for you, will always be there. And even those we miss their beings, they are always in our hearts. :love5: & ((hugs)) & :love5: & ((hugs)) & :love5: & ((((((GREAT BIG HUG))))))

MaryAnn

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
02010611.gif
I can not find the words to express my saddness....
cry2.gif

Miss Jaba The Hut you will be missed....I admired your unique beauty...I will never forget your one of a kind beard. :love5:

R.I.P. Jaba

(((( Big Ole Monster Cyber Hugs Vicky! ))))))

cry2.gif

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
cry1.gif

Words can not express how sorry I am that you lost your beloved Jaba :cry: Please keep reminding yourself that she felt your love to the very last moment.
XOXOXO
Michele

"MY FOREVER PET"

There's something missing in my home,

I feel it day and night,

I know it will take time and strength

before things feel quite right.

But just for now, I need to mourn,

My heart -- it needs to mend.

Though some may say, "It's just a pet,"

I know I've lost a friend.

You've brought such laughter to my home,

and richness to my days.

A constant friend through joy or loss

with gentle, loving ways.

Companion, friend, and confidante,

A friend I won't forget.

You'll live forever in my heart,

My sweet, forever pet.

-- Susanne Taylor

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
t0501.gif

hugs_2_uCindy.jpg

We're all thinking about you Vicky. I know how hard today was with getting up knowing she had passed. The garden of flowers sounds very nice, will be something you can do just for her (and you.) That would be nice if you could post pics when it's all laid out.

leibe001

I am new to the board but I have read a few posts about Jaba and just wanted to let you know I am sorry for your loss and my prayers are with you and your family!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thank you so much for all of your kind words,poems and pictures.They really are beautiful and although I am crying reading them it warms my heart knowing there are people like you folks out there who understand she was more then just a silly lizard. She was my friend and she was the one whi I saw at night before I laid my head down and the first I saw in the morning.I don't even know how I am going to sleep next to that big empty enclosure tonight.I am just so mad that she has been taken from me.My heart is shattered but I know she is at peace and waiting just over the rainbow with some other very important loved ones so that helps.

She is laid to rest.I got most of the garden done today but it still isnt quite right yet but I will post some pics as is just so you all have an idea:
There is a water fountain behind her so her spirit can swim,her favorite basking bridge,sleeping rock are just above her and a cactus that blooms the same colors as her sits on her bridge to show that rough can be beautiful also.She is buried with her pillow and blankie and angel next to her to watch over her as well.
031-1.jpg

Close up:
032-1.jpg

Night shot:
033-1.jpg

The garden is right next to my front door so I can say hello to her everytime I come home.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh Vicky, that looks so nice and is so very special. We are all hurting too, I know you must realize that. I wish I could have done something to help her last night, it was so hard hearing you and knowing what you were going through and how upset you were. Your very special girl is at peace now, I know that doesn't make it any easier but she isn't in the state she was in last night that tore your heart out. You put a lot of thought into her special burial plot and it really shows. That's about all I can say right now. :(

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Diane and thanks for being there for me lasy night. I know it wasnt easy for you and I am sure it brought back some very bad memories but I am so glad you were there.It really helped. There was nothing either one if us could do which sucks but you did alot for me and I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom