See pg 103 regarding Vicky's surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Oh, Vicky, my heart hurts so bad for you right now. She was a very special girl, and she knew she was very loved. I am so glad you were able to be with her during her last moments, I am sure she was comforted knowing you were there. Please know you're in our thoughts here in Ohio, and know she was loved by many.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Vicky, I do understand. When we lost Redrock, almost 2 years ago now, it was a real comfort that we had the people on this site to greave with us. It's more comforting than someone you know at work, or elsewhere that says "I know how you feel, I lost a gold fish and cried over it".

Again, I'm sorry I wish she wouldn't have died. We have had way to many beardie loses in the last month, and that makes it even harder.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
vickson420":hnc9haxo said:
There is a water fountain behind her so her spirit can swim,her favorite basking bridge,sleeping rock are just above her and a cactus that blooms the same colors as her sits on her bridge to show that rough can be beautiful also.She is buried with her pillow and blankie and angel next to her to watch over her as well.

The garden is right next to my front door so I can say hello to her everytime I come home.

Vicky, you have created a wonderful space for her, and you as well, here. I love the idea of using her furniture as part of her monument. I have always buried my pets in something that is familiar to them, whether pillows and blankies or Nutkin wrapped in my sweater, so many years ago. I carried him in the pocket when he was a baby squirrel, so it seemed fitting that it should accompany him when he passed. Maybe he'll have it with him when we meet at the Rainbow Bridge. But the idea of Jaba's spirit hanging out on her basking rock or swimming in her fountain are very dear thoughts.

As for Silly Lizard, that is one of my terms of endearment, for Fib especially, but bright and goofy behavior from any one of them can elicit that special phrase. Silly Lizard is never "just a." Anyone you know who refers to them that way is to be pitied, for they have not known how to love and be loved by a "Silly Lizard." The Silly Lizards are our dear, dear friends.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Oh Vicky the garden is beautiful what a special place.
sniff3.gif

hugs587.gif

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
blondie098":2ycjjl88 said:
Oh, Vicky, my heart hurts so bad for you right now. She was a very special girl, and she knew she was very loved. I am so glad you were able to be with her during her last moments, I am sure she was comforted knowing you were there. Please know you're in our thoughts here in Ohio, and know she was loved by many.
Thank you.She was a very unique and special beardie.There will never be another like her.I too was lucky to be there when she left our world. I do feel blessed for that.
beardie parents":2ycjjl88 said:
Vicky, I do understand. When we lost Redrock, almost 2 years ago now, it was a real comfort that we had the people on this site to greave with us. It's more comforting than someone you know at work, or elsewhere that says "I know how you feel, I lost a gold fish and cried over it".

Again, I'm sorry I wish she wouldn't have died. We have had way to many beardie loses in the last month, and that makes it even harder.
Thanks. I remember Redrock and her passing. I was glad we were there for you and I am glad you are here for me now.It means so much.
lizardgrrl":2ycjjl88 said:
vickson420":2ycjjl88 said:
There is a water fountain behind her so her spirit can swim,her favorite basking bridge,sleeping rock are just above her and a cactus that blooms the same colors as her sits on her bridge to show that rough can be beautiful also.She is buried with her pillow and blankie and angel next to her to watch over her as well.

The garden is right next to my front door so I can say hello to her everytime I come home.

Vicky, you have created a wonderful space for her, and you as well, here. I love the idea of using her furniture as part of her monument. I have always buried my pets in something that is familiar to them, whether pillows and blankies or Nutkin wrapped in my sweater, so many years ago. I carried him in the pocket when he was a baby squirrel, so it seemed fitting that it should accompany him when he passed. Maybe he'll have it with him when we meet at the Rainbow Bridge. But the idea of Jaba's spirit hanging out on her basking rock or swimming in her fountain are very dear thoughts.

As for Silly Lizard, that is one of my terms of endearment, for Fib especially, but bright and goofy behavior from any one of them can elicit that special phrase. Silly Lizard is never "just a." Anyone you know who refers to them that way is to be pitied, for they have not known how to love and be loved by a "Silly Lizard." The Silly Lizards are our dear, dear friends.
You are right silly lizard is used as terms of endearment and those who dont know them should be pitied but it is srill hard not to lose ones cool when faced with stupidity and I currently am without my internal edit button so I do pitty the perdon who crosses me tomorrow. I so wish I didn't have to be there.
I am glad you like her space. I am not quite finished yet and still want more there I just have not decided what yet.I do like the idea of her basking and bathing it just makes me feel comforted to have it there.
fresnowitte":2ycjjl88 said:
Oh Vicky the garden is beautiful what a special place.
sniff3.gif

hugs587.gif
Thanks Barb. I dont know if you noticed but I even found a little clay worm for her which is poking out of the dirt.I figured she should always have her wormies too!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I dont know if you noticed but I even found a little clay worm for her which is poking out of the dirt.I figured she should always have her wormies too!
More kleenex anyone???
tissue.gif

What a sweet thought! :love5: The little worm is cute, but it's purpose is very special.
angel.gif

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
fresnowitte":109qbzjh said:
I dont know if you noticed but I even found a little clay worm for her which is poking out of the dirt.I figured she should always have her wormies too!
More kleenex anyone???
tissue.gif

What a sweet thought! :love5: The little worm is cute, but it's purpose is very special.
angel.gif
Pass the kleenex, please, Barb!
tissue.gif
Vicky, i missed it in the first look, but the worm is wonderful!

leibe001

I think your garden has turned out wonderful.... we have a "pet" garden at my mother in laws (we move too much) and we have always done something similar burying something familar and planting a specific plant on top to remind us of the specific pet. Which what we have there is a few hamsters, fish, and a rabbit. But I love the pics it looks great, and those kind of things help with the grieving.... once again I am so sorry for you loss!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Oh Vicky, I'm so sorry to hear about Jaba. She was always one of my favourites on the board. The garden you made for her is not only beautiful but thoughtful and absolutely perfect as a memorial.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
I know im not around much, but I wanted to say how sorry I am. Jabba was a one of a kind, just like Ruben and Dex.
God bless.

athenacp

Extreme Poster
lizardgrrl":1wmrvdfm said:
fresnowitte":1wmrvdfm said:
More kleenex anyone???
tissue.gif

angel.gif
Pass the kleenex, please, Barb!
tissue.gif
Vicky, i missed it in the first look, but the worm is wonderful!

Ok that clay worm did it for me, I'm in tears now...its a beautiful memorial!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Vicky, the garden turned out so nicely! I love the little angel watching over Jaba and the succulent in the pot on her basking bridge, very sweet! We have one of those plants at work and I know the exact color the bloom is, very fitting for Jaba's coloring.
I can tell you put alot of time and thought into making that spot just right and even though it is not finished, it shows how very special Jaba was to you.
That's nice that the garden is by your front door, so that you can still look over her and talk to her. I know that Jaba will be very happy there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom