Sealed eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Jeez, wonder if you can cancel that & see if www.petmountain.com has some in stock. There are alot of places in the States that sell Reptisun 10.0. I'm just afraid that the light you're using is affecting his eyes, some lights can cause blindness.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Spartan101":2ggiwhvy said:
The ones that came with the light Iv already removed the plastic covering from them. I also got an email from amazon saying the Zillas got pushed back for whatever reason.

Wait, did you order more Zilla Desert 50 UVB tubes? I thought you said that you ordered new Reptisun 10.0 UVB tubes and that they were already on their way? Don't order new Zilla UVB tubes, they are what caused this problem to begin with!!

I'm totally confused as to what UVB tubes you have ordered, you originally said you "had Reptisuns on their way", and I was under the impression that you had just put new Zilla tubes in your fixtures and those were what had caused the problem (I know you had to remove the clear plastic cover from the Zilla Slimline fixtures, as your dragons got no UVB light because of them)...

I'm really confused as to why you would have ordered new Zilla Tubes when you said you had Reptisuns on their way. They need a proper and adequate UVB tube, at this point the eye damage is only part of the problem (although as you can see your current Zilla Desert 50 tubes are continuing to cause the eye problem).

Forgetting the eye problem, your dragon has gotten literally no UVB light at all because of that clear plastic cover being on the Zilla fixture the entire time you've had him, they block 100% of the UVB light...so you cannot go with the much too weak and eye-damage causing Zilla Desert 50 T8 UVB tube again...you need at the very least an 18" Reptisun 10.0 T* UVB tube to put into the now-uncovered Zilla 18" tube fixture you already have...but better for a dragon who is already suffering from a calcium deficiency is the stronger Reptisun 10.0 T5HO UVB tube and a new fixture for it as well...but I was under the impression that you had at the very least ordered the 18" Reptisun 10.0 T8 tube to put into the Zilla fixture you already have, only because that's what you said...

Totally confused...

Spartan101

Original Poster
I order the reptisuns they should have shipped today but I got an email saying that they are being delayed for whatever reason. If you guys think the zillas are causing the issue I’ll stop using them

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Don't worry about it, you weren't confusing. And yes, if you know how long the Reptisuns will take, then yes, even a week without UVB won't do any harm for them right now. And may clear up the one with the eye issues. Reptisuns are full spectrum UVB so much better for them than the one you're using now, which isn't strong enough UVB.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I had the same thing happen with a Reptiglo (before I knew they were bad). My Issy started having seizures, so I shut it off and she was fine. Some lights just don't give off the right UVB rays and can make our babies sick.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's too bad your tube UVB lights have been delayed. Did the give any estimate on the
delivery time or date? I hope so.
I do think that the Zilla lights are definitely causing the trouble with his eyes. For now,
just use a bright white light for his basking & continue to clean out his eyes daily.
Is he eating anything right now?

Tracie

Spartan101

Original Poster
He eats veggies sometimes he’s picky he will eat super worms but they can’t be in Tonga or a bowl they have to be put down near him

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sorry it's taking so long through Amazon, I guess it's because it's Xmas season. That's still not too long. Where do you live?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, delayed shipping! That is so frustrating, for sure. The holidays really do cause a lot of
back logging in shipping. I hope it gets there soon.
How is your dragon doing tonight?

Tracie

Spartan101

Original Poster
Hey guys sorry I haven’t responded sooner been a busy week at work. I live in northeast Ohio. And Igneal my male has not had his eyes seal all week, Saphira my female is getting a bit more I guess I can say antsy she wants out of her tank more but when I go to bring her out or to even touch her she will act skidish

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Put a tshirt you've warm before washing into her tank, make a nest or use one that you can cut up. She'll sleep with your scent and that might make all the difference. Keep me posted. Glad your boy's eyes are doing well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom