Help? Is this the beginning of shed.

Len-len24

Beardie name(s)
Lennie
My bearded dragon is 12 weeks old. He has not shed in my care yet nor have I seen a dragon shed before. He hasent eaten in almost three days. Normaly he’s a great eater! His nose is discolouring and his eyes are a bit droopy he keeps puffing them out. Ive given him a bath and he sits in his water bowl everyday, it’s not dehydration , his bowel motions are perfect and he’s active when I take him out of his tank.

Attachments

• IMG_4975.jpg
    IMG_4975.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4976.jpg
    IMG_4976.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 32

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon is 12 weeks old. He has not shed in my care yet nor have I seen a dragon shed before. He hasent eaten in almost three days. Normaly he’s a great eater! His nose is discolouring and his eyes are a bit droopy he keeps puffing them out. Ive given him a bath and he sits in his water bowl everyday, it’s not dehydration , his bowel motions are perfect and he’s active when I take him out of his tank.
I'd say its shed coming on ---- hes not eating anything? Thats not good it is common for them to be off on appetite w/ shed but not to quit completely--- please go over the UVB your using coil or a long tube fixture and the surface basking temps and how your taking them--- we need to make sure the lighting etc is on par for him or that too will cause not eating - relocation stress will effect appetite so we need to narrow down the cause of not eating at all --

Len-len24

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lennie
my uvb is a tube, his husbandry is spotless. I’m currently studying veterinary medicine and take husbandry as a subject. He was eating perfectly the day I got him until three days ago. I don’t want to force him to eat but I do have medical syringes I could feed him pure bugs with if worst comes to worst??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What brand uvb do you use, just curious . Sometimes they don't eat if they're going in to a shed but he's barely started. How much and what did he eat the last time before he went on this fast. And if you can, post a pic of his entire enclosure.

Len-len24

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lennie
My bulb says Reptistar F18W/6500K
He was having fresh salad of Dandelion greens, rocket, squash with mealworms,grass hoppers,crickets and dubia.
He was getting about a table spoon of plant material and around six bugs normaly two worms two crickets one grasshopper and one roach. I don’t have a photo of his whole tank but I have two close up snippets of random parts. His tank is a front opening reptile tank that’s almost 120cm long.

Attachments

• IMG_4989.jpeg
    IMG_4989.jpeg
    392 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4990.jpeg
    IMG_4990.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 27

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bulb says Reptistar F18W/6500K
He was having fresh salad of Dandelion greens, rocket, squash with mealworms,grass hoppers,crickets and dubia.
He was getting about a table spoon of plant material and around six bugs normaly two worms two crickets one grasshopper and one roach. I don’t have a photo of his whole tank but I have two close up snippets of random parts. His tank is a front opening reptile tank that’s almost 120cm long.
Ok I had to look that UVB up that your using - I have never heard of it --- its a T 8 for one too weak at 5% -- you want a good UVB there are 3 on this board that are recommended I am thinking you are not in the US? I will post one of the 3 that you can possibly get where you are -- the height of the tank is ? If its 18" or higher like 24" you want a 12% bulb -- anything lower than a 18" you can stay w/ a T 8 bulb let me post the website and you go look but for a height of 18 or higher you want the T 5 bulb or 12% 24 watt thats posted
Arcadia Pro T5 UVB Kit - Desert 12%
I am not finding a fixture for a T 8 bulb on the site I posted for you - -- they are a fatter bulb than the T 5

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Do you mean Reptisun ? Never heard of Reptistar unless it's a knock off brand. He looks good, seems like his belly is quite full. He msay have eaten some llarge insects and trying to digest them. One more thing, fake plants , although beautiful, are a danger because many dragons [ my own included ] will try to eat them. If eaten they could cause loss of appetite and possible impaction.

Len-len24

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lennie
Yeah, I’m lucky so far he’s never taken interest in them and stays away from them. If he chooses to try munch I’ll definitely get rid of them. He can climb to them and reach them but he has never tryed to do that and never climbs up that side of the tank.

Len-len24

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lennie
Ok I had to look that UVB up that your using - I have never heard of it --- its a T 8 for one too weak at 5% -- you want a good UVB there are 3 on this board that are recommended I am thinking you are not in the US? I will post one of the 3 that you can possibly get where you are -- the height of the tank is ? If its 18" or higher like 24" you want a 12% bulb -- anything lower than a 18" you can stay w/ a T 8 bulb let me post the website and you go look but for a height of 18 or higher you want the T 5 bulb or 12% 24 watt thats posted
Arcadia Pro T5 UVB Kit - Desert 12%
I am not finding a fixture for a T 8 bulb on the site I posted for you - -- they are a fatter bulb than the T 5
Yeah, reptile supply’s are limited here. Legally we are only aloud lizards, snakes are illegal which makes so much less variety of supply. And in my city you are not aloud to breed or sell reptiles of any sort without a permit. The easiest replacement bulb I would have access to would be a reptile one tube UVB

Len-len24

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lennie
Yeah, reptile supply’s are limited here. Legally we are only aloud lizards, snakes are illegal which makes so much less variety of supply. And in my city you are not aloud to breed or sell reptiles of any sort without a permit. The easiest replacement bulb I would have access to would be a reptile one tube UVB
Just checked my tank is 20 inches here we do everything in cm. So I will need to get a 12% 24 watt tube?

Staff online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom