Bulging Eye

QibliLover1

Beardie name(s)
Qibli
I have no pictures but my dragon isn’t in shed and I saw him laying on his basking tree with both his eyes bulging I got so scared it looked like he died so I was all shaking but I pet his little chin and his eyes opened and sucked back in, I heard they do this when they are shedding but he isn’t shedding at all. His poops are perfectly form no bad smell, he’s not really alert in his cage but he is when I take him out to feed him, he eats Dubia Roaches and Country Green Mix perfectly fine. My question is if this is normal, he just scared me so much.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Mine does this from time to time, it happens after he drinks water. This is normal, just a warm-up for the eyes.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The eye bulging behavior is very normal! They will
often to this in preparation for shedding on their head
& eye area. It simply helps to stretch out their skin to
more easily shed off when ready.

Tracie

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
Hello,

The eye bulging behavior is very normal! They will
often to this in preparation for shedding on their head
& eye area. It simply helps to stretch out their skin to
more easily shed off when ready.

Tracie
Thank you, I just never seen him do it and he looked dead! I was so scared but now I feel bad for disturbing him 😂 next time I’ll just take pictures.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It IS quite strange but somewhat entertaining to watch once you are aware of the behavior! Take a little
video of him next time. 💞

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom