Sarth, Daeds, & Starling **5/28 First Camping Trip Pics!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would post some pics of Sarth...even though he hasn't been eating very well the past month he still finds every opportunity to be cute! I think I might just keep adding pics to this thread along with my blog, we will see!

The most recent ones are at the top.

I thought this was adorable...he was kind of lounging against the glass, looking at me like "what?!"
P1010416.jpg

Just trying out a close-up of his face...it's hard to get good pics during the weekdays when the sun is going down by the time I get home
P1010415.jpg

Scoping out his rearranged tank
P1010413.jpg

Morning stretches, as usual :)
P1010408.jpg

Him looking *really* grumpy sitting in the sun on the back of our recliner. And I put his tail like that, lol
P1010403.jpg

My husband took this :roll:
P1010399.jpg

A rare shot of him actually eating his salad
P1010397.jpg

Watching Glee with me!
4f7abf91.jpg

He loves to explore the coffee table, not sure why
802855e6.jpg

I did not put him like this, lol. I should have entered it in this months photo competition!
P1010388.jpg

Him still being really mad from the vet's visit the night before. He looked so hilarious, all puffed up with the black beard. I started petting him and he deflated while managing to look confused.
grumpy.jpg

Just looking cute. This was right around when he stopped eating about a month ago.
P1010334.jpg

Jess

Extreme Poster
What a cutie pie! I'm sure he is loving all the outside time!
That sucks that TCR was out of hornworms. Oh well, this way he gets silkies too LOL!

And I have to say, he reminds me a LOT of my first beardie, Wink. If he was still around, I bet they would look pretty similar.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Awe I'm glad he reminds you of Wink :) Yea he isn't the most unique looking beadie (unlike Dud!) but he has such a great personality.

I know I'm excited to try the silkies! I tried them before and he ate 5, then didn't touch them again. This also of course was during his hunger strike so maybe he'll have a different opinion now.

This morning started out crappy but it looks like it's turning into another nice day :D

Also I totally forgot...HAPPY 10th HATCH DAY BUDDY!!! :blob8: :blob5:

Jess

Extreme Poster
IMO they all look very different and unique- I can always see the differences! Except for some of the teeny babies... Those all look kind of similar, LOL. :roll: I think Dudley is slightly mutant.

I hope he likes them! :D I will definitely take them off your hands in case he decides they are not worthy of entering his little tummy though, LOL.

I just got back in from hanging out with Dud on my porch... It's a beautiful day! I thought it was supposed to storm, but I'm so glad it didn't!

And happy 10 month anniversary Sarth!
OK, not to thread-jack, but Sarth is the same age Wink was when he died. :shock: It's a weird coincidence LOL.
Not the best picture of Wink, but IMO they look rather similar!
IMG_2967.jpg

OK, thread-jack has officially ended... Focus all attention on Sarth now!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wink was a cutie! Poor little guy :(

Yesterday was pretty nice indeed - I brought Sarth to the park and he was pretty unhappy most of the time we were there until about 10 mins before we left, lol. It usually takes him awhile to get used to lots of people walking by even though it was sunny and hot.
Going to be another nice day! I think this is the weather we've been waiting for ;)

And yea if he doesn't like the silkies I will gladly pass them on to you lol. Like 50 went to waste last time :( So I ordered 25 I think this time. I ordered from Linda's Gone Buggy who is located in Indiana so hopefully they will get here tomorrow!

I've been trying to measure him but he *never* wants to hold still for long enough, so I think he's at about 17.25 inches. I weighed him yesterday as well and he was 330g. A couple days ago he was 339 which I guess I can attribute to poo weight :p

Jess

Extreme Poster
Thanks!

LOL, don't you love how they act so miserable, until you decide it's time to go back inside? He's so silly.

I was thinking of ordering from Linda's Gone Buggy! Shipping is just SUCH a killer though. But I hope he likes them! You should take a video of him eating them!

Aww, he's getting to be a big boy! But yeah, sometimes you just have estimate it... Measuring them exactly can be tricky.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yea shipping is a drag, $10 from IN to MN! Oh well though I got him a decent amount of food. Hornworms are so popular TCR is almost always out of them and I'm not sure where else to find them locally.

Anyway the good thing about shipping from IN is it only took 2 days to get here :D So I came home for lunch again and fed him 2 horn worms and a silkie. I got a great video of him eating the first horn and silk, now we've run into a dilemma though, I can't find my video camera's adapter >.< I will have to look for it more after work.

edit: aha I found an adapter for an old camera that works - now I gotta go back to work though, will post when I get home!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok here we go! Uploading to youtube now...

Sorry about the shakiness, I'm left handed so the camera is kind of hard to manipulate with my right. I jump a lot during the horn worm, I reaaaally don't like those things lol! I got so focused on moving it I freaked out every time Sarth moved lol.

Hornworm: I love how you can see his little brain working, whether or not eating is worth the effort of climbing down from his branch (where he's been spending most of his time the past couple days)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nr6eK1IISM

Silkie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpxMsJpDKBY

Enjoy!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Cute! I didn't expect the silk worm to be that tiny... I thought they would be a lot bigger!

LOL, he looked very deep in thought while calculating the energy needed to get that hornworm!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The silk worms do get a bit bigger, not really thick like the hornworms though.
Speaking of which, the horns have put about 20 grams of weight on Sarth in just a few days, lol. He can tackle about 1 huge worm a day and his belly gets soooo huge! He doesn't seem to care for the silkies though, he's eaten a grand total of 2 :roll: and I offer them before the horns, so I guess he is just picky. If you want to take them off my hands I'd give them up for $5 ;)

We went up to the cabin this weekend - finally some beautiful weather! Sadly the only pic I got was him putting on a puff show on the drive up.

Anyway we had our first major freak out incident! I put on Sarth's harness and went out on to the dock with my friends and our 2 dogs. Sarth didn't really seem to mind much, then all of the sudden he took off (glad I had the harness!) and when he realized he wasn't getting anywhere he inflated himself all the way, bearded and hissed! I've never heard him hiss before! I picked him up and he relaxed after a few minutes. I think it may have been the new surroundings, being on the ground with me, people jumping the lake right next to us. After I brought him back inside he did a couple laps around the bed (no joke!) then shoved his head into his shirt when I put him in his travel tank, lol.

On the plus side he has figured out that his new little hotel I bought him is now his new sleep spot. He seems to like it better without his shirt so I took it out. In fact looks like he's napping in there now (I came home and fed him a couple worms).

So here are some pics!

Puffer show. I guess the sun felt good!
IMG_0393.jpg

Just hangin out in his viv, such a cute pic
IMG_0395.jpg

Aaaah so this is where I sleep!
IMG_0396.jpg

Well gotta hurry back to work now!

Jess

Extreme Poster
I might be able to take the silkies! :D Where in Minneapolis are you? (You can PM me if you don't want to say it here!)

Haha, he's funny! At least he didn't run into the water! :shock: I think they just get extra-paranoid when they are outside though. Dud beards and hisses at every little shadow that passes over him.

BTW, right after I asked my mom if she would take me to get Dud some silk worms, he made a dramatic leap off his basking platform and black bearded me. :shock: I think that's a threat!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
LOL silly Dudley! Everytime I feed Sarth a horn worm he runs around his tank like a maniac then comes up to the glass and stares at me. When I fed him at lunch he did his usual run around, then climbed up on his branch and glared at my energy drink for 5 minutes.

I'm in Golden Valley which is literally like 10 minutes from downtown. If your free one of these evenings maybe we could meet somewhere for some grub and bring the boys with us? Our local brewpub is lizard friendly if we sit outside ;) I'll PM you more about it though! Weather looks nice all week except maybe on Thursday.

Oh yes and I feel you on the shipping for worms :p LGB charged me $10 for 2 cups of worms. Mulberry farms has a $15 minimum order, so I ordered 1 cup of hornworms and 1 small cup of wax worms (never tried those before so I figured why not) and that was about $11 shipping. The only place I haven't ordered from is Great Lakes Hornworm, I may try them next since they don't have a minimum order, but they charge $11.50 for shipping. So for 1 cup of worms it's at least 20 bucks, and I hate ordering more than 1 cup cause the last time I did that I couldn't feed them off fast enough :/

I should ask a mod to move this thread to the beardie tales forum since it's become more that just pics :lol:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Haha, that's cute! Dud just give me the I WANT MORE death glare. He is too lazy to run around to beg! :roll:

Hmm, I Google-mapped it and you're a little over a 30 min away... Could we meet half way at all? I'm not sure how far my mom is willing to drive me LOL. I need to get my liscence!
But I'm going on vacation on Saturday-Thursday, so it would have to be either before or after then. :| How long will the silkies live?

I've never ordered bugs online before, for that reason! I'm too cheap! :p Shipping is almost as expensive as the worms themselves.

I think we should have a specific forum for everyone's threads, since most beardies on here have a thread about them!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hmm actually you know I was just looking in the silkie container and there are about only 4 left alive, lol >< LBG does their own cups/chow for the horns/silkies and you're supposed to turn the cups upside down when you get them so that the poo falls to the bottom and the worms cling to the plastic and eat the food at the top. Well when I inverted the silk worm cup the chow came tumbling down. I thought I had only smooshed a couple. But after taking stock I think I only got about 10 worms total (I was supposed to get 20-25). He's had 3, there are 4 live ones, 2 smooshed ones, then I think 2 or 3 that just died for some reason :? I know they are pretty susceptible to germs so maybe that's what did it.
Anyway it's probably not worth it for only 4 worms :p Otherwise I definitely would have gone halfway. Oh well, hopefully we'll both be able to make the repti-con!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Awww, bummer. :( Oh well. That's such a rip off though! Did you tell LGB that you had only gotten 10?

BTW, don't you have dubia for Sarth? I've been trying to get a couple for Dud, so if you have any extras I might buy some from you. :D I'm 99% sure I'll be able to make it to repticon though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom