Sarth, Daeds, & Starling **5/28 First Camping Trip Pics!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would post some pics of Sarth...even though he hasn't been eating very well the past month he still finds every opportunity to be cute! I think I might just keep adding pics to this thread along with my blog, we will see!

The most recent ones are at the top.

I thought this was adorable...he was kind of lounging against the glass, looking at me like "what?!"
P1010416.jpg

Just trying out a close-up of his face...it's hard to get good pics during the weekdays when the sun is going down by the time I get home
P1010415.jpg

Scoping out his rearranged tank
P1010413.jpg

Morning stretches, as usual :)
P1010408.jpg

Him looking *really* grumpy sitting in the sun on the back of our recliner. And I put his tail like that, lol
P1010403.jpg

My husband took this :roll:
P1010399.jpg

A rare shot of him actually eating his salad
P1010397.jpg

Watching Glee with me!
4f7abf91.jpg

He loves to explore the coffee table, not sure why
802855e6.jpg

I did not put him like this, lol. I should have entered it in this months photo competition!
P1010388.jpg

Him still being really mad from the vet's visit the night before. He looked so hilarious, all puffed up with the black beard. I started petting him and he deflated while managing to look confused.
grumpy.jpg

Just looking cute. This was right around when he stopped eating about a month ago.
P1010334.jpg

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
TASTIGER":24wc605t said:
oh my gosh i love chipotle :D and your beardie is too cute
Awe thanks ;) I like chipotle every now and then, not a big burrito fan so I get steak tacos with guac which is like $7+ for 3 little tacos ~_~

Livey":24wc605t said:
This is so cute! :D
I love the one where she is asleep...
Thanks Olivia :D He is so adorable when he's asleep...that's actually when he's his prettiest colors outside of basking and bathing, lol.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well Sarth seems to be doing better everyday, but I'm not going to get my hopes up quite yet. The past few days he's been eating almost all of his salad, which is surprising since before he would only take a few bites and let the rest shrivel up :p Anyway I came into the room this morning and he was all puffed up! He ate most of the roaches I gave him and most of the salad. Maybe he's finally getting out of that not eating phase he's been in since February!

He loves his basking spot much more with his favorite shirt draped over it...
P1010451.jpg

Hard to see but the corners of his mouth and ears of all places started shedding. I had to pull the one out of his ear I felt so bad for him lol
P1010452.jpg

Fresh mustard greens? Don't mind if I do! You can see a little of his purple sidebars there as well :D
P1010453.jpg

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Decided to weigh him, and well he fit pretty nicely inside of the tupperware, lol
P1010455.jpg

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well I'm about 45 mins early but Sarth turned 8 months today! It's hard to believe I've had him for over 6 months, time is really flying. He's been eating more, really only interested in his salads (weirdly enough) and hornworms. Really hope he eventually comes around and wants roaches again otherwise there's no point to me keeping the colony :( I think the liquid vitamins and calcium I've been giving him have helped.

Anyway, I came home from work early today so decided to sit in the sun while I read my book (inside, it was too windy outside). He really doesn't seem to like sunlight yet, lol. But he eventually got used to it. Here are some pics!

Where can I get into trouble this time?
262ce261.jpg

What are these, bills?! I'll poop on them!
0e206f24.jpg

What is this spikey thing...
1c526afc.jpg

Cuddles!
cf7063f3.jpg

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well on Saturday, Minneapolis finally had what I considered our first true spring day: sunny, no clouds for most of the afternoon, no wind! Perfect day to take Sartharion outside.
My husband is really into disc golf, so I decided it would be a good day to bring Sarth out.

Car ride over. Sartharion really seems to enjoy car rides. I set him on the edge but he scampered over to the spot under the sun. On the way back he even puffed up and did some beard stretches :p
IMG_0304.jpg

Displaying his strong dislike of direct sunlight and the outdoors in general
IMG_0305.jpg

This would be the best pic ever but I couldn't get him to look at the camera :( Oh well
IMG_0306.jpg

Sadly the weather looks horrible for the rest of the week so we probably won't get outside again soon. Sometimes I wished I still lived in San Diego (actually most times I wish that lol)

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Aaah it's been so long since I've posted pics, but really nothing too exciting has happened. The weather here has been pretty mediocre so I haven't gotten a lot of outside time for him. He's kind of lost interest in horn worms too and as a result lost all the weight he gained from them :/ He eats one about every other day instead of 2 a day...but he is still eating his salad. Poo is healthy looking but he's still only going about twice a week.

Anyway here are some recent pics!

On our way back home from the cabin, there was enough intermitent sun to be warm, so he seemed to enjoy it. And he only slid off once (I caught him of course)!
0ac4cc31.jpg

I took him outside during a nice day at lunch. He actually brightened to his happy colors instead of being dark and grumpy like he usually is outside
f9b4c2f1.jpg

Still not sure about this whole "sun" thing...
792a7226.jpg

An experimental fake rock platform I built. He figured it out but unfortunately it was way too hot up there so I had to build a different one.
P1010456.jpg

Doing his morning puffers. I love these, lol
P1010457.jpg

The biggest hornworm we've been able to feed him!
P1010459.jpg

I'm ready for sleep now...turn those lights off plz!
P1010460.jpg

Helping me conquer the world
a545c778.jpg

Catan dragon!
cd585329.jpg

His new 4x2x2 that Nightmare disco's friend built for me is getting here today as well! Unfortunately we'll be gone all weekend, so pics of that next week :)

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
NightmareDisco":f51x1ltr said:
YAY!! Can't wait to see the viv pics!!

He's such an adorable little guy! I love morning puffs too! :mrgreen:
The viv is alllmost ready! It looks really nice! I decided to paint the outside instead of staining it, I think it needs one more layer then once that dries and airs out we should be good to go. I found some gorgeous slate tile at Lowes and had them cut it for me. I sealed those a couple days ago so now we're just waiting for the viv to be in position to put them in :D So hopefully by this weekend!

So a few new pics from the long holiday weekend. We finally had a few hours of nice, hot, sunny weather, which he seemed to fluctuate between liking and not liking, lol. I also think he's finally adjusted to his 2nd home (in-laws cabin) and entertained everyone by running and climbing on anything he could find.

The beginnings of his "hoard"!
492ae5db.jpg

Exploring the cabin. Don't worry, the cats aren't real...and yes they're extremely creepy looking
738b3286.jpg

Giving me some MAJOR stink eye for depositing him on a branch
7cacf572.jpg

He crawled from my shoulder to the couch to see what everyone at the table was doing.
2e2d0186.jpg

So all in all a good weekend for him! And I noticed yesterday he seems to be slightly more interested in his feeders (he ate 3 decent sized male dubias and all his salad). It's looking like his tail is going to shed soon too.

I'll get some more pics up once the viv is all finished :)

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well we finally got Sarth's new viv set up, just in time for his 9 month bday! I painted the outside white to match the rest of the room but left the inside untouched. I love the look and smell of the oak. My husband is complaining about the lights blinding him so I might have to make a pseudo hood for the uvb with some tin foil, lol.

Sarth did a lot of exploring and licking of his new home, I think he likes it!

Anyway here are some pics!

The whole tank. I have a fluorescent on the left just for some light, really brightens up the tank - too bright for the hubby lol. During winter I'll probably put the che in there.
P1010464.jpg

Neat decoration I found at petsmart that gets him close enough to the uvb. I put him up there so hopefully he figures it out.
P1010466.jpg

With the other light on
P1010468.jpg

I took the flagstones from his old viv and piled them against the wall where the tile was a little short. So it looks pretty and covers up the gap! :)
P1010469.jpg

I decided to put his hide back in since he seems to have outgrown his "I'm gonna sit in my hide all day" phase. He seems pleased to have it back since that's where he has been sitting for the last hour lol.
P1010470.jpg

So all in all a good week! He's gained 10 grams, has been eating more and seems to have perked up a lot with the nice weather we've been having!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Figured I would share some new pics with everyone. This has been a crazy week weather-wise as some of you might know from my other post in general. On Monday it was high 90s and so humid you could barely stand outside without dripping. To make it worse we didn't have the air conditioners in yet because it was so unexpected :p I actually took Sarth out on his leash that evening and he was careening around the yard...no pics of that sadly!

Tuesday, Minneapolis was the hottest city in the states topping out at 103...fortunately not humid!
7ad67ea1.jpg

My husband is in a kickball league and it was so hot out I decided Sarth should come along. It took him about 30 minutes to adjust to all the people walking by but once he did he was loving the sun! Even got a gape out of him! All happy colors here
bd9a74bf.jpg

Last Saturday we sat outside at our favorite brewpub. Sartharion hated it, lol. When we got our food he tried to hide under my plate. I had to move him on to my lap eventually to get him to calm down. I think part of the problem was our table was a little low to the ground
da9bff89.jpg

More morning puffers! I love reaching in and poking him when he's all inflated lol
3adf6077.jpg

I gave him his hide back but as you can see it's kind of small :( He has figured out how to turn around in it, but still his shoulders and tail are coming out the front, lol
P1010474.jpg

Still eating well and gaining weight quickly! He was up to 270g on the 8th, compared to 257g on the 3rd! Must be the warm weather! Pooping every other day now instead of twice a week. The one downside is he seems to only be interested in the big male dubias and none of the others. But I've got lots of those so I guess he can have them!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So remember when I said he was gaining weight? Did I mention it's been about 5-10 grams a day for the past week?! In under a week he has gained 30 grams. On the 3rd he weighed 257g. Yesterday he weighed 296, today he weighs 305 :shock: So to quote one of my favorite Simpsons episodes...fatty fatty fat fat!

Ever since his head bobbing episode a couple weeks ago he seems to be determined to make up for his lack of appetite the past 3.5 months. Usually finishes his salad (about 1/2 to 1 full turnip green leaf) and 5-6 sub adult dubias and also I've been giving him an adult male or 2 everyday. It's so exciting! Here are a few new pics to celebrate...

New favorite activity: sit at the viv doors and gape at me until I let him out so he can go to sleep on my lap
P1010475.jpg

P1010476.jpg

After his bath today. Look at that giant belly :p
P1010504.jpg

P1010503.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom