Sarth, Daeds, & Starling **5/28 First Camping Trip Pics!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would post some pics of Sarth...even though he hasn't been eating very well the past month he still finds every opportunity to be cute! I think I might just keep adding pics to this thread along with my blog, we will see!

The most recent ones are at the top.

I thought this was adorable...he was kind of lounging against the glass, looking at me like "what?!"
P1010416.jpg

Just trying out a close-up of his face...it's hard to get good pics during the weekdays when the sun is going down by the time I get home
P1010415.jpg

Scoping out his rearranged tank
P1010413.jpg

Morning stretches, as usual :)
P1010408.jpg

Him looking *really* grumpy sitting in the sun on the back of our recliner. And I put his tail like that, lol
P1010403.jpg

My husband took this :roll:
P1010399.jpg

A rare shot of him actually eating his salad
P1010397.jpg

Watching Glee with me!
4f7abf91.jpg

He loves to explore the coffee table, not sure why
802855e6.jpg

I did not put him like this, lol. I should have entered it in this months photo competition!
P1010388.jpg

Him still being really mad from the vet's visit the night before. He looked so hilarious, all puffed up with the black beard. I started petting him and he deflated while managing to look confused.
grumpy.jpg

Just looking cute. This was right around when he stopped eating about a month ago.
P1010334.jpg

Jess

Extreme Poster
What a cutie! I was looking through some of the pictures, and he has grown a lot in the last couple months! :shock:
LOL, I had the same tree branch decoration that you got Sarth! I never gave it to Dud though, he is too fat to fit on it and I didn't want him to tip it over. :roll: His new viv looks nice!

Emilyvandort

Hatchling Member
I just read through this whole thread. Love his name! We have a male beardie named Sarth too! Gotta love World of Warcraft. :D

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
NightmareDisco":3q9zv4o1 said:
AWWW what a cute little chubb
Lol thanks, I think I'll make Chubb his new nickname :lol:

Jess4921":3q9zv4o1 said:
What a cutie! I was looking through some of the pictures, and he has grown a lot in the last couple months! :shock:
LOL, I had the same tree branch decoration that you got Sarth! I never gave it to Dud though, he is too fat to fit on it and I didn't want him to tip it over. :roll: His new viv looks nice!
Yes he has suddenly taken off! He hasn't really started growing lengthwise again yet although I haven't measured him in a couple weeks, right now I guess it's just girth :roll: I like the branch although he doesn't climb all the way on to it. He seems to like to sit behind it and drape his front over the top of the base holding the stick. I've put him on top of it a few times and he will sit there confused for about 20 minutes before he decides to climb down, lol. How much does Dudley weigh?

Emilyvandort":3q9zv4o1 said:
I just read through this whole thread. Love his name! We have a male beardie named Sarth too! Gotta love World of Warcraft. :D
Thanks! Yes WoW is a great resource for dragon names, haha. I know there used to be someone with a Nefarian/Onyxia pair, and someone else has a Malygos. Sure beats the generic "spike" name ;)

Emilyvandort

Hatchling Member
Emilyvandort":3sdq9qqc said:
Thanks! Yes WoW is a great resource for dragon names, haha. I know there used to be someone with a Nefarian/Onyxia pair, and someone else has a Malygos. Sure beats the generic "spike" name ;)[/quote]

Hahaha that's awesome! It really is perfect for naming beardies!
Makes them sound so big and scary! But they're totally not.

Jess

Extreme Poster
JenFid":2yet6qja said:
Yes he has suddenly taken off! He hasn't really started growing lengthwise again yet although I haven't measured him in a couple weeks, right now I guess it's just girth :roll: I like the branch although he doesn't climb all the way on to it. He seems to like to sit behind it and drape his front over the top of the base holding the stick. I've put him on top of it a few times and he will sit there confused for about 20 minutes before he decides to climb down, lol. How much does Dudley weigh?

LOL, my beardies have always been too mental to figure out high objects too. :roll:
I just weighed him, and he is about 530 grams. Dud really isn't a big dragon though: he is 15" because of his tail nip, so he just has a lot of width. His maximum weight from last summer was 525g, so he has already topped that! I honestly don't know where this weight is coming from, because he doesn't get many bugs on the diet that he's on right now (Which has obviously failed..). He must have a superworm stash somewhere that I'm unaware of.

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
JenFid":3c8ax9wq said:
Thanks! Yes WoW is a great resource for dragon names, haha. I know there used to be someone with a Nefarian/Onyxia pair, and someone else has a Malygos. Sure beats the generic "spike" name ;)

Little Malygos is my dragon. He's tiny but thinks he's the size of a house. :roll: I asked my guildmates what to name him and everyone said Malygos so I went with that. I wanted to maybe do one of the bronze dragonflight (since beardies are a sandy color) but Malygos is a dragon...with a beard, so I guess it works. :lol:

Sartharion is a very handsome dragon and I hope my baby turns out that handsome (and chubby!) :D

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Fuzzyviper":ar3n04b1 said:
JenFid":ar3n04b1 said:

Little Malygos is my dragon. He's tiny but thinks he's the size of a house. :roll: I asked my guildmates what to name him and everyone said Malygos so I went with that. I wanted to maybe do one of the bronze dragonflight (since beardies are a sandy color) but Malygos is a dragon...with a beard, so I guess it works. :lol:

Sartharion is a very handsome dragon and I hope my baby turns out that handsome (and chubby!) :D
Aaah yes, always gotta be picky with the WoW dragons though, some of them are long and hard to pronounce lol :p Malygos is good though, nice and short! I think if I get another one and it happens to be female I'll go with Sinestra ;) Your little guy is very cute too!

More good news, Sartharion seems to be accepting of repti-worms again! I ordered 100 cup of mediums that got here today and I'd say he ate about 15-25. Not quite the same gusto for his roaches but that's ok. The worms are easier traveling food and we do a good bit of it in the summer.

More pics! I know I have been pic happy recently, lol. These are all from yesterday.

Nomming his salad (look at that belly :roll: )
P1010506.jpg

I'm TRYING to sleep here!
P1010505.jpg

Figuring out he can't fit under the door
P1010507.jpg

Exploring time!
P1010508.jpg

Annnd straight under the couch. That's what I get letting him wander with no leash I guess
P1010509.jpg

Teaching our dog the dragon isn't a toy. He's doing pretty well. Right before I snapped this one Sarth gave him a little lick on the nose, sad I missed it!
P1010510.jpg

This is from today actually. He was slithering around the back of his viv like a snake, lol! He's got some weird shed going on his head and part of his beard so it must be itching him
P1010511.jpg

Will get some good pics this weekend hopefully, going to the hubby's grandparent's cabin, always an adventure up there!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SamusTheDragon":teu11m1w said:
Sarth is too cute! I looked at his pics and wow hes grown into quite a handsome thing :wink:
Thank you! Hopefully he keeps growing, lol! I weighed him today and he is 321g, so another 10 grams in 2 days! I can't believe there are some dragons over 700g, but those are probably longer than 17 inches so have a bit more to fill out.

Jess4921":teu11m1w said:
Cute! I love the picture of him with your doggie. :D
The dog (Guinness) is still kind of confused about the lizard, but he does well enough. Sometimes he whines because I think he doesn't know what to do. He's tried to test-play with his paws a couple times which got him a "No!", so he knows Sarth isn't a toy, knows he can't eat or chase him, so he's not sure what else there is to do :roll: . Gets pets and praise when he sniffs Sarth and leaves it at that.

Well the good news keeps on comin, he vacuumed up the repti-worms I gave him today and would've eaten more but I want to save the rest for tomorrow when we go up to the cabin. Should have bought more than 100 >.<. And he seems to be back to being manic about the dubia (he picks out the one he's going to eat next before he finishes chewing on his first one lol)

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
"If it's not food and it's not a squeak-toy, why in the world do we have it?!" :lol:

Love the trying to get under the door picture. Spatial dimensions really escape beardie brains, don't they?

Cute! :D

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jamiedog":16r35ksn said:
"If it's not food and it's not a squeak-toy, why in the world do we have it?!" :lol:

Love the trying to get under the door picture. Spatial dimensions really escape beardie brains, don't they?

Cute! :D
Yea, our friends have a little dog who stands and stares at me when I have Sarth and then starts growling and backing away. Definitely no floor time with that one, lol.

Well Sarth was pretty frumpy the entire trip, not really surprising considering the weather - warm, overcast, raining :evil: So I didn't get many good pics. Not to mention the mosquitoes were so bad I couldn't go outside without being covered in 98% deet spray, which STILL didn't keep them off me. My blood is too sweet I guess :p And every bite inflates like a balloon and itches to no end. Clearly this isn't the state I should be living in :roll:

Anyway, we stopped at the brewpub on our way up for hubby's birthday and sat outside. It was mid 70's and cloudy so as you can imagine the lizard was not pleased.
8d2e6ba6.jpg

On the way home (coincidentally the one time it started getting sunny) he plopped himself on my hand to catch some sun.
5354804f.jpg

Let's just say he was happy to be home. He only has a 10 gal up at the cabin which I'm sure he hates, but he gets to be out most of the time. He completely shunned all greens I offered however and destroyed the meager offering of reptiworms I brought with me :p
I love this pic, he just looks so inquisitive! About the corner of his viv...
Hmm what's over here?
P1010512.jpg

Oooh of course! The perfect place to snuggle up and sleep! /facepalm
P1010513.jpg

(He slid down after a few minutes when he realized laying horizontally was more comfortable)

Thanks for looking :)

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
annieoakley123":dt8pn9if said:
is that a beardie tote you have!? I should get one of those! I remember seeing them for sale!
Yes it is! I got her last one though as she was getting rid of all her beardie stuff :( I love it, came with a little blankie thing that holds heat packs and fits in the bottom in case it gets chilly. I use it for everything now though, it's draped over his basking spot at home and when we venture to other people's homes it's what I have him sit on (you'll notice it in a lot of pics lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom