ReptiSun 5.0 good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of getting the ReptiSun 5.0 and i wanted to know if was a good bulb, and if it would cause any problems for my beardie. i hear everyone recommending the ReptiSun 10.0 and i wanted to know if it was also good.

Kajolic

Juvie Member
10.0 is required especially for a growing Beardie, stays just as true for 10+ year old Beardie. Replace the bulb every 6-months as well. If you find them cheap, buy two, you'll have a backup.

kristakista

Original Poster
Kajolic":1vvdri95 said:
10.0 is required especially for a growing Beardie, stays just as true for 10+ year old Beardie. Replace the bulb every 6-months as well. If you find them cheap, buy two, you'll have a backup.

thanks! helped alot! :D do you know where they sell them cheap by any chance?

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Gosh no, never buy local unless it is life or death. Your Beardie can survive without a UVB bulb for awhile while one ships. If above ~70F outside, under very close guard, 30 minutes under the natural sun = a whole day in the Vivarium with ReptiSun 10.0 or any other top UVB bulb.
Never leave your Beardie in a glass tank (could overheat the Beardie and UVB doesn't penitrate glass,) or unsupervised outside (birds of pray can come out of the sky, you'll notice your Beardie will instictivly look up to watch out from them.) Keep on a leash at best, else if comfortable with your Beardie, hold him/her but they just to jet off outside, so leash recommended.

The leash I use I bought from Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ASFLE/

I've had reports saying they can be found at PetCo, and often are used for Bunnies.

I do have a thread/posted in a thread somewhere on here on how I was planing on making one, but I found one to purchase so I scrapped the idea of making one, but I still had my step-by-step photos up.
Found it: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=175231

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Reptisun 5 is not quite strong enough but would suffice if you couldn't get the 10 for a bit. The Reptisun 10 is much stronger for bearded dragons. Be sure it is the tube bulb.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinny2010b
Top Bottom