New tank :)

goosegoose

Beardie name(s)
Goose
I just got my beardie into a new tank. It's a 120 gallon 4x2x2 from dubiaroaches. I am going to make a few adjustments but so far this is what I have. I'm going to change the lighting when I get the chance, but there's currently two 100w basking bulbs in the lamps I put a red mark on (basking spot is at 100°F), and a ceramic heating bulb is in the side marked blue. I've already planned to change her UVB bulb to a reptisun 10.0 T5HO (there's a 5.0 T5HO in it right now), and I was going to get a 150w basking bulb to replace the 100w bulbs. Please let me know if anything needs to be changed.

Attachments

• IMG_9332.jpeg
    IMG_9332.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 108

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I just got my beardie into a new tank. It's a 120 gallon 4x2x2 from dubiaroaches. I am going to make a few adjustments but so far this is what I have. I'm going to change the lighting when I get the chance, but there's currently two 100w basking bulbs in the lamps I put a red mark on (basking spot is at 100°F), and a ceramic heating bulb is in the side marked blue. I've already planned to change her UVB bulb to a reptisun 10.0 T5HO (there's a 5.0 T5HO in it right now), and I was going to get a 150w basking bulb to replace the 100w bulbs. Please let me know if anything needs to be changed.
Your UVB needs to go inside the tank --- the 5.0 is good for distance inside of 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor- changing it out to a 10.0 as soon as you can will change distance to 12-15 inches--- if you need help w/ hanging it please ask - before you change basking bulbs get a surface basking temp w/a digital probe thermometer - you want those temps 95-100-- the ceramic heat emitter is good for night time temps falling below 65 - ambient temps on the hot side around 100-- middle of your tank 90's or so and cool side 80ish

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom