Reptiles as species, not individuals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching some show recently where a herpetologist was saying, "people who have mammals for pets tend to think of them as individuals. People who keep reptiles think of them as a species."

Is this true for you?

Starforce2

Juvie Member
depends on what it is. An alone is an anole. That toad I cought in my friends yard, while unique with it's active voice, the most of any of the hundreds and hundreds of toads I've cought in my life...it's still just a toad. Looks the same as every other toad. The beardie, he actualy interacts with you and shows personality. I suppose it boils down to brains on the animal and the level to which it can respond to you.

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
:lol: My first thought to starforces reply was "a humans just a human but my pets are smarter" . I think it comes down to the person who has the animals really. I for 1 think my animals are better then most humans and deserve to be treated like individuals where as most humans are just a species I attempt not to deal with face to face.

Starforce2

Juvie Member
well I dunno if pets are better than humans, but they can certainly be better companions given the way some humans act...and they wont stab you in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom