RIP Drogon, My Sweet Dragon + Looking to Rescue

To Drogon,
Thank you for being such a dear friend,companion, and scaly brat ❤️ I will miss you so much, beyond anything words can express. My heart is absolutely shattered at your loss. You opened my eyes to the complexities of reptiles and how they show love. Every day I will think of you, and I hope you enjoyed your time with me. RIP to the most loyal, daring, lovable dragon ❤️

I want to thank everyone on this site who has helped me over the years, including @AHBD @Drache613 @KarrieRee @xp29 and others.

After some consideration, I would like to rescue another dragon. If you have any ideas where I can start, please message below.

Thank you,
Selkie

Morri

Beardie name(s)
Zoom
I am on the other side of the world, so can’t help with the rescue suggestions, but just wanted to say that I am very sorry for your loss of a friend. He will always be your lovely scaly brat 💜

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
The same is for me, I'm on another continent and can't help out with rescue. I can understand so much your grief, and I think with rescuing another dragon, you show so much the love you give to them. Some people see it as "replacing", but for me - and I bet also for you - it is just the opposite: another creature can inherit a very good place with a loving, caring human. :)
I once read a very well-written "Rainbow bridge" poem that just goes along that line - the animal going over the rainbow bridge offers this very good place with this human to another animal to inherit it - ; I just can't find it anymore, otherwise I would link it here.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I'm so sorry to hear about Drogon. :( You gave him a great, loving home for the time that you had him. It's always so, so sad to lose a dear pet and my thoughts are with and I send my deepest sympathy.

Whenever you are ready to adopt, check for reptile rescues near you or watch for someone rehoming a dragon on Facebook, etc. Hopefully you'll soon have a beardie that needs a home and you will be ready to give it lots of love and good care.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
To Drogon,
Thank you for being such a dear friend,companion, and scaly brat ❤️ I will miss you so much, beyond anything words can express. My heart is absolutely shattered at your loss. You opened my eyes to the complexities of reptiles and how they show love. Every day I will think of you, and I hope you enjoyed your time with me. RIP to the most loyal, daring, lovable dragon ❤️

I want to thank everyone on this site who has helped me over the years, including @AHBD @Drache613 @KarrieRee @xp29 and others.

After some consideration, I would like to rescue another dragon. If you have any ideas where I can start, please message below.

Thank you,
Selkie
My hearth goes out to you, I know how bad it is to loose them. I agree with Chilean Taco, it's not about replacing, it's about saving another precious soul. I hope you find the perfect beardie and have years and years to dote and love on him/her.

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
I'm sorry your lost your baby. It's always a tough choice to make when you're deciding when a good time to adopt another pet is, just after losing one you loved so much. I'm glad you're giving another beardie a chance for a good life.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Thank you to everyone who replied on this post. I truly appreciate the amount of support <3
On Monday, Drogon had a seizure so we rushed him to the vet. Through testing, the vet found a mass that took up half his stomach, so we had to make the difficult choice of euthanasia.

I am looking into Cinderella Dragons here in SC. They are a breeder, since after going through many posts, I cannot risk taking in another sick dragon (and trust me, the amount of stuff I saw was appalling.)
If anyone has used them in the past, please let me know! <3

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom