Really need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

alyssakillz

My bearded is sick, he hasn't eaten in over a week, ive been force feeding him but hes getting worse. Now hes very weak and getting extremely thin. His cage temp is from 90 to 95, ive tried everything please help.

alyssakillz

Original Poster
My bearded is sick, he hasn't eaten in over a week, ive been force feeding him but hes getting worse. Now hes very weak and getting extremely thin. His cage temp is from 90 to 95, ive tried everything please help

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Sorry that your beardie is not doing well.
Can you please give us some more info on your beardie and the setup.
Please tell us the beardies age, about his diet, and more info about his viv, such as basking temp, substrate, uv bulb.
Thanks

AMHaak

Juvie Member
Try giving him some baby food. I usually go with either organic green beans,veal, or chicken. Try to find some vitamin supplements at a local pet store. Find the powdered kind this way you can mix the vitamins with the baby food. If this does not work then he may have parasites in which case he would need to go to the vet.

alyssakillz

Original Poster
Hes only a few months old about 4 inches long not counting tail, basking temp btwn 85 to 90, viv is 10 gallon long tank with crushed walnut shells as bedding mainly veggies, carrots and crickets once a day

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello,

Sorry to hear your beardie is not doing well. If you could answer some questions, it will help us in determining what might be going on with your little guy.

What Brand and Type uvb are you using? fluorescent tube, compact, coil or mvb?
What Brand and Watt basking bulb?
What are the temps in both basking and coolside?
What are you measuring temps with? digital thermometer w/wire and probe, dial, stick on, temp gun?
How old is your beardie?
What size is the enclosure?
How close can he get to uvb?
What is the substrate?
What are you feeding and how often?
Are you using Calcium and Multivitamin supplements? How often?
When was the last time beardie pooped?
Are you bathing? How often?

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
GEt rid of those walnut shells, they are a major impaction risk! if he isnt eating he is probably impacted. LOOK for DRache613 and OPM her. Basking temps at his age shoul db about 105 notonly 95~!!!!!! Do you use uVB? What size crickets are you feeding hiM? (no bigger than the space between his eyes!)
Put him in a bath of wwater only up to his arm pits, rub the right underside -belly area in circles to help. Get some babyfood and feed him with a dropper.
Move this to the ER instead!
I will go PM a moderator for you right now!

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Hi Again,
I did PM a mod and she said she would check it out and be on later today. If you can find one of her post s Drache you can even click on the PM yourself and tell her the story.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You will need to start treating for impaction right now. Go ahead & get some sugar free applesauce, canned pumpkin & squash babyfood along with a couple of drops of olive or mineral oil in with the mixture. Do NOT give any feeders or solid foods right now, especially if he is impacted. Get a plastic dropper or plastic syringe to get the food mixture into him, carefully by dropping it on the end of the nose.
As directed, begin giving a warm bath & massage the belly starting at the armpit all of the way down to the vent area, on the right side.
Do remove the walnut shell substrate & replace that with paper towels right now, it is much safer.
What are you using to measure the temperatures with? A stick on type of thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun? The basking should be 95-105 for that sized tank & on the cooler end around 78-82 or so, roughly.
The ambient temperatures of the tank should be no higher than 80 or he will over heat.
What type of basking light do you use?

Tracie

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Tracie (Drache) and I also answered you on your other post of I really need some help. PLEase remove the walntu shells I fear he is imapcted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardeddragonmrkiwi
Top Bottom