Random question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
lurch666":f612a said:
and borrowed a digital therm with a probe... another investment for tomorrow, but I've turned heating on already to give chance to warm up properly. I live in the uk, so am probably going to be more likely to come across the arcadia is it?( talking about uv btw xD)
Yeah I think it's the arcadia d12

And like previously said lettuce can actually cause diahreia (can't spell this word for the life of me) and dehydrate a dragon. Meal worms can also cause impaction. I know locusts are greater than crickets, and hornworms as well i don't know if you get them in the Uk.

Also were you giving any calcium?

lurch666

Original Poster
I know, I've decided already to steer clear of mealworms :), going to get crix, wax worms ( for treats ) and bits of fruit and veggies (I've checked that page for nutrition on what they CAN eat, so have a good idea) along those lines. squash baby food etc,cellery leaves ..I wasn't using iceburgh lettuce I was using the packeted lettuce that's very leafy if you know the sort I mean,

lurch666

Original Poster
I was giving Nutrobal which is a calcium and vitamin supplement. Dusted over worms etc.

lurch666

Original Poster
I'd just like to say a thanks to those who have shown an interest in my past posts, you've helped me greatly =]
Thanks,
Daryl
x

KindredJedi

I agree with the above posts, with only a couple things to add;

1) Nutrition - This site gives a very detailed look into what is good to give your beardie, nutrition-wise.. http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html It may seem overwhelming at first, but it is definitely worth looking into on a detailed level.

2) UV - Through my own personal experiences, I do NOT recommend using the coil UV bulbs. They cause too many problems and are not a sufficient source of UV light for your beardie. Provided that your beardie's enclosure is in check, according to it's size, the Reptisun 10.0 is a wonderful investment. The UV works at greater distances, from the bulb itself, but also requires a hood fixture to hold it.

Here's another wonderful site I've had the pleasure of finding while I had been "lurking" on the forums in the past... http://www.petmountain.com/ You can find just about everything you'll need there at affordable prices.

I know that no one wants to spend more money after they just shelled out a good bit trying to get their enclosure set up, but there should never be a lenient or "i'll get what works for right now, and do it right later" mentality when it comes to the love for our animals. Sounds like you're on the right track, though, and I commend you on doing the right thing by researching as much as you can. Good luck! :D

KindredJedi

Another thing I wanted to mention was picking up a heat temp gun. I, personally, advise still using digital thermometers for the basking and cool(er) side of the enclosure along with the heat temp gun. This helps you get a better idea of the temps and will make it much easier to regulate when needed.

Here is a site I picked up one of my heat temp guns from. You can also pick them up at most hardware stores like Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.

http://www.tempgun.com/main.html :study:

lurch666

Original Poster
looked at that nutrition site countless of times, I remember the first time I looked... I was like O_O.
okaii cheers all. Am going to get my new lil one, then get him checked out at the vets and then bring him here.
Wish you all a great day xx
Daryl

lurch666

Original Poster
hello all,
I have my new lil'un xD.
thinking it's another lil girly.
snuggling before her bed time xD.
settling in well. she's been checked over also.
hope everyone is ok. xx
thanks,
Daryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom