Random question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lurch666

I know this may seem a bit dumb.
May be I might have overlooked it, but does everybody turn off their uvb at night?

Radioflyr

Hatchling Member
I'm using a Repti-glo 5.0 14w

Those have been known to cause problems with beardies I would do a search around this site for Reptiglo compaired to Reptisun 10.0. The reptisun have been known to boost appetite, activity, and improve temperament.

In the mean time can you answer a few questions to help us further help you?

How big is your cage?
What watt basking bulb do you use?
Do you have any standing or running water in the tank?
What are you measuring temps with (stick-on, digital w/ probe, temp gun)?
Where are you measuring temps?
What are you measuring humidity with?
Do you have any substrate in your tank?
How old is you beardie?

-Steve

lurch666

Original Poster
I'm afraid to say Ed passes away last night.
I found her under her hidey this morning stiff as a twig.
This came as a shock and has made me extremely upset.
I loved her for the time I had her.can any body help me find the reason for her deathor point me in the right direction.
I love beardies and would love to carry on getting them, but it'll be a while before I do get another.
Thanks,
Daryl.
RIP Ed =[

Radioflyr

Hatchling Member
Thats very sad I just recently lost my 1 year old girl. Im very sorry for your loss. If and when you do decide to get another little guy make sure to do some research and look at some caresheets they will give you great information. Also come on here and get everything set up correctly before picking your little guy up.

-Steve

lurch666

Original Poster
I've had a friend come round and chech my setup and she says that my setup is fine and that the problem was from the shop.
Apparently the hatchlings have been known to have bowel problems. so there's a chance that this could continue happening...
Perhaps a quick visit to the vets straight away to make sure all is fine?
Thanks,
Daryl

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
Actually I have seen many people give bad recommendations for set up.

Can you please go over your set up

lurch666

Original Poster
ok will do :).
viv dimensions: 23'x22'x15'...h,w,l ..inches.
Am using a standard housebulb atm.
Can get up to 6 inches from the bulb.
I'm usin a Repti-glo 5.0 14w uv tube .. can get up to 6 inches also.
The temps are: Basking area- 100-105f
cooler area- 85-92f.
I'm using newspaper to cover the bottom.. easier to clean.. cheap and safe?
Have a wooden semi dome hidey, some greenery and bpw;s for food and water... will take water bowl out if causing humidity problems.

all ok?
Cheers,
Daryl :)

lurch666

Original Poster
she wasn't eating herself, so I had to force feed unfortunately =/... it was really hard because I tried to put it off but I did it for about a month, but she gave up sunday. I was feeding her meal worms, lettuce, and some veggie baby food. She didn't bother about crix.. I also have nutrobal calcium and vitamin supplement.

lurch666

Original Poster
and borrowed a digital therm with a probe... another investment for tomorrow, but I've turned heating on already to give chance to warm up properly. I live in the uk, so am probably going to be more likely to come across the arcadia is it?( talking about uv btw xD)

Sunshinessmile

Hatchling Member
I would do some more research about food. Both meal worms(can lead to impaction) and lettuce contain very little nutrition. Beautifuldragons.com is a fantastic source :)

arcadia is just fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom