R.I.P. JUDAS :( :( R.I.P MISTY :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my new girl, she is one of Barbara's babies from the first clutch and was born on 7/17. Her proud parents are Ms. Tiggs & PVT Blaze. As we know, all Barb's beardies are spoiled.
She had a long trip from CA yesterday, all the way to NY. She arrived 12:30 today. She is gorgeous, has orange colored eyes and is a real sweetie.
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

I had a problem with Photobucket, promise to put up more pics later. She had a bath, ate a few greens & a little squash as well as 2 crickets. She has been cuddled quite a bit already. And, as Barbara knows, she loves to run up your hand & arm when you try to put her back in. :D
Her stress marks are gone right now, she laid on my lap and snuggled into my hand. :shock:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
I agree, they are all unique, ours are all loved very much also. Gee, we're good beardie slaves, aren't we? :lol: Guess we adapt to them instead of them to us.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Becoming a Beardie Slave happens in a moment...the moment they look you in the eye...they put all their trust in you and that...is...precious...always.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
It sure is Sherri and they are just like BABIES, totally dependent on us for their care.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Diane, I read the beautiful memorial you made for Sabrina the other day and it was so very touching. You gave her such a wonderful life and I loved reading how loving and animated she was with all of you. What a sweetheart your Sabrina was. I know you miss her dearly and she will forever be embedded in your heart.
heart_red.png

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Oh Diane,
Your memorial was amazing. Sabrina absolutely looked as if she was always smiling. What wonderful, fond memories you are privileged to have.

Sending you my heartfelt condolences for your loss and wishes for all of her happy times to stay at the forefront of your memories...

Rest in peaceful slumber...over the Rainbow Bridge sweet Sabrina

Sherri

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Oddly, I cannot bring myself to read the memorial yet. I don't know why, usually I have no problem reading memorials (don't get me wrong, they always make me sad, but for some reason I just can't read this one) :?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thank you Dawn. There were so many more amazing things I could have told about her, it was hard summarizing it. She is and will always be our sweetheart, our Princess. We still miss her so much!

Thanks Sherri. She wore a smile just about all of the time she was with us. Every night I brought her in the kitchen, she would open her eyes wide and just wait for Paul to say something to her then she would start her little games to get reactions from us. After dinner is still a very difficult time. Like you said, we are indeed privileged to have such wonderful memories.

Sara, I do understand. Read it when you are ready. I'm very proud to be able to post the details of her amazing personality and it was a real honor to be able to share them with everyone.

I updated the Memorial and added the beautiful picture that Gina made of her, I felt that it needed to be there. Thanks so much again Gina.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Diane,

I just read Sabrina's memorial again & I wanted to tell you how apt that beautiful poem is. She was a beautiful girl & you could see the love in her eyes. She had a wonderful smile, too. I just loved all the pics & I could see even more the resemblance with Sweetie. The pic Gina made for you was wonderful, too, just right.

I know how sad you'll be for a long while & how much you miss her, but I hope that poem gives you comfort in knowing you always did the very best for her & she returned your love.

Hugs
Deb, Sweetie, Lonzo, Leo, Rubio & Didi

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks so much Deb, I really appreciate it. Yes, there is/was a lot of resemblance between her and Sweetie. Different times that I looked at Sweetie's pictures, I was amazed at how much alike they looked.

Yes, the poem does give me comfort, I read it quite often and go look at her pictures again. Thanks for the hugs from you and your clan.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Gina, I was just thinking that I should post something about Misty, Giz and Judas too. Gizmo got his last Baytril injection tonight and handled it very well. He even licked a little Benebac off right after the shot. He hasn't been eating any greens at all so I've been trying to get some type of vegetable baby food into him daily although he didn't want any tonight. He has been eating a few small dubias in the morning before I leave for work and usually a couple after I get home. He is certainly more alert than he was before we started the injections. I will know better this weekend how active he is during the day because by the time I get home from work, he has been up for almost 12 hrs so he is just about ready to go to bed. He did gain 4 grams in about a wk though, wish it was more but at least he is gaining. I'm hoping once the Baytril is out of his system, he will really start acting much, much better, I need to see that.

Misty is still gaining wt, was 623 grams tonight! She is still craving a lot of protein, is also eating her greens too but she is kinda lazy. It's hard to know whether to cut her feeders back or let her have what she wants. Don't want her to get too heavy but yet if she is producing eggs, she needs the protein. Her coloring is awesome though. I have taken some recent pictures, I have to get my butt in gear and get them downloaded.

Judas is doing well. Has some days that he is more active than others but that's ok. He is enjoying the butters and large roaches and eating his greens too. He still enjoys running around a lot. :lol: He looks very good and has great muscle tone, not bad at all for a beardie almost 9 yrs old.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Diane, think the same with Misty that I think about Rosie. She's laid eggs once. She hasn't laid since but her tummy is getting big. I wonder if it's just because we let her eat 7 to 11 supers per day or if she's getting eggs again.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sure Gizmo is happy that the Baytril injections are all done and over with. Hopefully he'll be A-OK now.
Give him a big hug for me.

I still can't get over how big Misty is now. I still have this itty bitty baby girl image in my head. She seemed to have grown from baby to adult overnight :lol:
I hope all of our girls are done with eggs for the rest of the year. It's too taxing on us slaves :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom