R.I.P. JUDAS :( :( R.I.P MISTY :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my new girl, she is one of Barbara's babies from the first clutch and was born on 7/17. Her proud parents are Ms. Tiggs & PVT Blaze. As we know, all Barb's beardies are spoiled.
She had a long trip from CA yesterday, all the way to NY. She arrived 12:30 today. She is gorgeous, has orange colored eyes and is a real sweetie.
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

I had a problem with Photobucket, promise to put up more pics later. She had a bath, ate a few greens & a little squash as well as 2 crickets. She has been cuddled quite a bit already. And, as Barbara knows, she loves to run up your hand & arm when you try to put her back in. :D
Her stress marks are gone right now, she laid on my lap and snuggled into my hand. :shock:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hi Deb. Thanks for trying to send some warm weather. It actually was in the high 40's here today and would you believe that we had 3 thunderstorms? How ironic is that!

Well, Misty has cut herself back on feeders starting yesterday and her belly feels very firm. She isn't running round like crazy yet, so I suspect either this weekend or next week she'll be laying her 3rd clutch. I would say that Sweetie had laid enough of those eggs, poor girl needs to give herself a break, 3 yrs is a long time. So, she's now 5 yrs old? She looks very good for her age. Sabrina will be 7 in October. It's funny how Sweetie and Sabrina look so much alike and Lonzo & Judas ACT so much alike. Is Lonzo doing better with the rolled up towel in his tank? It's amazing how Judas gets around, you sure wouldn't know he was over 8 yrs old when you watch him, his muscle tone is unbelievable. They sure can all be sweet and cuddly when they want, can't they?

Well hello Dawn. Our weather is FINALLY getting better although we got a couple of inches of snow on Thursday into Friday but it didn't last long. Now we're having lots of wind and some rain but I'm not really complaining.
Judas is doing well, Sabrina still has a great attitude although she can't walk around anymore, Misty is doing well and working on her 3rd clutch and poor Gizmo has a URI that he is on antibiotics for. He's such a little guy and very small boned, I'm hoping he can get better real quick.

So Katrina, Belle is getting ready to lay her 3rd clutch now, huh? Sounds like she bounces back very quickly. :p I know Belle and Misty laid their 1st clutch within a day of each other but with the 2nd, Belle beat her by a wk so I'm thinking it will be a wk or so before the 3rd clutch, but who knows. Her belly is certainly very firm already though but I'm waiting for the hyperactivity to start. I will offer Misty the lay box again but for some reason she seems to prefer to lay them anywhere BESIDES a lay box, go figure. :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Diane, Lonzo hasn't falled or been stuck on his back since Roger changed his set up. He loves his new hide and spends alot of time in it. Today he was in bed by 3p! I was a bit shocked but I'll make sure he basks alot tomorrow.

Sweetie is doing well. She's eating daily & today she swam in the tub, I was so pleased, she's a good swimmer and it's great exercise. She got into her hide after eating lunch (wormies) so had to haul her out to get her back under her UVB. She was still under the light at 6p, so she got enough. She's getting close to shedding most of her body, so I'm pretty sure she's not bothering with eggs right now. Only time will tell.

Hope Misty's laying her 3rd clutch soon, and hopefully that's all for the year!

Hugs to everyone, sorry to hear Gizmo is sick, hope he's better soon!
Deb

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hi Deb, that's great that Lonzo hasn't had any further problems sunce Roger changed things for him. :p Wow, he went to bed early today though, perhaps the weather caused it? It rained here pretty much all day and we had some sleet/hail too.

Sounds like Sweetie is doing great. Don't you just love to watch them swim? That's great that she's getting ready to shed, perhaps she will hold off on the egg laying at least for a little while.

Misty is a little more active now. All she will eat is wax worms and will lick a tiny amt of baby food so I know the time is getting closer. The last 2 mornings there was a poop and urate in the corner of her tank when I went to turn her lights on so that's another sign. She also passed another urate in her bath.

Giz was a little bit better today, at least he had his eyes open part of the day. He doesn't fight us when we give him the medicine so that's good. I did get him to eat a dubia and some baby food today with electrolytes in it and he drank some water so that made me feel better. He's only had 2 doses of antibiotic so far so hopefully tomorrow he will show more improvement.

Hugs to you and all your crew too. :wink:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Diane, it sure sounds as if Misty is due to lay some eggs soon. Hopefully that will be the last of it until next year!

I'm glad that Giz is feeling a bit better. It's good that he takes his medicine. Tell him to keep it up. How old is Giz?

Sweetie is still very uncomfortable. It seems to take her much longer to finally shed than all the other dragons combined. So hopefully she'll get that going, she always looks very uncomfortable when she's waiting to shed.

Lonzo was only up for 2 hours today, believe it or not. It's been raining alot, so I think that's why. The whole gang don't stay up long when it's overcast outside. It's at least warming up. There are bushes in flower already and now that the daffodils and crocuses are over, tulips are starting to open up. So I guess it is spring!

Hugs to everyone,
Deb

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Sorry to hear that Giz is not feeling well...hope his recovery goes quick and smooth. Poor baby!

Sounds like Misty is getting ready to lay you some more eggies, huh? Ms. Tiggs never did lay any she's just getting fat I think???? She's still making big poops and eating like she's starving to death. She keeps this up she's gonna grow as fat as Miss Piggy. LOL

Hugs and Snuggles!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hi Deb. Did Sweetie finish her shed finally? Are they all up again? It was rainy yesterday & today but all of them were very active. Gizmo is doing a lot better, guess I caught it before it got too bad. He's enjoying horns & silkies now and doesn't nap until very late afternoon. Seems so good seeing him get excited about feeders and having his eyes wide open most of the time. :D

Hey Barb, Misty still didn't lay her 3rd clutch. She's still running around from room to room. I tried her in the lay box again and she immediately started digging with all 4 legs, I thought she was digging to China but she didn't lay any eggs. :( She literally ran around for hrs, 3 different times and she dug in her lay box 3 separate times as well. Hopefully tomorrow. :roll:
Did Ms Tiggs ever lay any eggs? Was she showing signs? Guess she wants to be Miss Piggy's 2nd lol.

Thanks Dawn, that picture was adorable. :wink:

fez09

Extreme Poster
Sounds like Misty is close...Belle has bounced back really well, she's still eating really well so I'm not sure that she's got a 4th clutch or not...Hopefully Misty will make up her mind!!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Well Kat, I thought she "was close" for a while but this batch is taking longer. The last 2 times, she didn't want any part of the lay box but certainly showed a real interest in it today. I'm glad to hear that Belle is doing so well and still eating lots, maybe she won't lay a 4th clutch, I don't think you'd mind that at all. Sounds like your incubator is quite full already. Oh, did Fiona lay any eggs yet or is she showing signs?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Sara, I actually feel like I need another day off, boy, she's exhausting! It's impossible trying to keep track of her not to mention that I had to vacuum every room downstairs because she scattered the substrate from the lay box all over the place. :lol: She also had 3 baths since I had to clean her up each time too. I honestly don't know how Kat does it, she's a better woman than I am!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Lol, I hear you, Lilly is totally a full-time job right now! I actually moved furniture because her goal in life is to get to the window and then she's calm, so I put a wicker table right against the window and now she spends hours every day there. I need to move her soon, we have storms coming in!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
I'm glad that Lilly is happy with her new sitting arrangement lol.

Well, Misty laid an egg in her tank a couple of hrs ago and 2 in the sink a little while ago. Now she's in her lay box, I can see 2 more eggs. A few minutes ago she was pushing as well as head bobbing like crazy. Her hormones must be taking over lol. Today was day 34 since she laid her 2nd clutch so definately a longer timeframe this time.

Well, she's up to 6 eggs so far, 1st clutch was 10, 2nd was 12.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Here we go again! :laughing6:
Silly question: what's the normal timeframe from one clutch to the next?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hi Gina, I've heard 3 to 4 wks. How long has it been since Digi laid hers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom