R.I.P. JUDAS :( :( R.I.P MISTY :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my new girl, she is one of Barbara's babies from the first clutch and was born on 7/17. Her proud parents are Ms. Tiggs & PVT Blaze. As we know, all Barb's beardies are spoiled.
She had a long trip from CA yesterday, all the way to NY. She arrived 12:30 today. She is gorgeous, has orange colored eyes and is a real sweetie.
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

I had a problem with Photobucket, promise to put up more pics later. She had a bath, ate a few greens & a little squash as well as 2 crickets. She has been cuddled quite a bit already. And, as Barbara knows, she loves to run up your hand & arm when you try to put her back in. :D
Her stress marks are gone right now, she laid on my lap and snuggled into my hand. :shock:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Oh yeah, silly me, how could I have forgotten THAT? :oops:

She's up to 10 eggs.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Diane, how's Misty doing? Maybe she'll stop at 15 as before. Give her hugs from me & Sweetie.

Sweetie still has her tummy to shed & it's not coming off quickly! She doesn't seem to have any eggs, she's not acknowledging the boys when she has living room time. So hopeful that she's now retired!

Hope Giz is finally feeling better, they can be a worry!

Hugs to you all,
Deb

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hopefully she'll finish up today and be done for the year...Go Misty Go!!!! I'm still waiting to see if Belle will lay a 4th clutch...

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
So Misty is laying again huh?

Gina normal is about 30 days but Tiggs isn't your normal beardie an I'm finding her offspring aren't either.....and she'd lay every 21 days so be ready. :wink:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Well, she laid 11 eggs, 10 as of last night and I could tell that she was uncomfortable when she went to bed last night. This morning when Paul (I had to work) turned her lights on, she said she was holding her legs in a strange position. He offered her a pretty big hornworm and she grabbed it immediately, then ate 4 silkies. After I got home, I brought her down and she walked around a little but slowly. She didn't want any part of the lay box, walked in the kitchen and after some pushing and straining, she laid the 11th egg which was a little bigger than the others. She licked off some baby food w/calcium and ate another hornworm. I was surprised she ate so quickly as the other 2 times, she didn't show an appetite for 2 to 3 days after laying. I weighed her on Thursday and she was 514 grams, today she was down to 500. She crashed early tonight, at 6:30, she's a tired girl.

Deb, hopefully Sweetie has decided to retire, I know that wouldn't hurt your feeling at all.

Yes, Giz is doing MUCH better, eating feeders AND greens now. It seems so good to see him wake up on his own again, ready to start his day. When he wasn't feeling good, he would still be sleeping 10:00 or so if I could allow him to. I can actually say that all 4 of them are doing very well, relieved that Misty has finally laid this 3rd clutch, hopefully she is done for a while, at least for 3 to 4 wks anyway.

Kat, Belle isn't showing any signs of being gravid right now? I hope she's done, sounds like you have enough eggs in the incubator for now and we're all doing a countdown.

Wow Barb, so each time Ms. Tiggs laid 21 days faithfully?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Diane! How is Misty doing today? Glad to hear she layed those eggs finally. I'm sure you are relieved it's over.
Now tell her... no more eggies this year!!!

Happy Easter to you and your family!
thsmile_mw32039.gif

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
HAPPY HAPPY EASTER, Diane & Paul. I hope today is very peaceful and comfy and restful. Or are you having a big dinner? My mom is having 18 over tonight for dinner, she's serving ham & leg of lamb & all the sides. I've been told I don't have to bring anything, but I'll be cleaning up before I go home. That's my Easter present to my mom!

Glad to hear that Misty is done & hopefully she'll just be done with egg laying. Pain in the patooie, you know!

Sweetie is still shedding. She's shedding her belly now, did everything but back & tail so far. Don't know if there's more to come.

Rubio's been shedding for over a month. He did his arms, legs, face; then beard, belly, back and now his arms and legs are starting again. What a spring so far!

I hope you're finally getting warmer weather. Seems that spring is on its way. it's been really warm last couple of days, at least warm for me. So that's good. Today is overcrast, but still bright.

Hugs 'n snuggles,
Deb, Roger, Sweetie, Lonzo, Leo, Didi, Rubio and Rocco (golden gecko)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Well, actually Sara, she laid the last one yesterday, but we still consider them Easter eggs lol. She was still tired today but ate well. She seems like a totally different beardie since last week she was absolutely crazy! It's amazing how they calm right down after laying those eggs.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Diane, Belle lays every 21 days too, right on time! I think she may go a few days longer this time because she ate really well for me yesterday so we'll see what happens today. I can feel eggs in there and tomorrow is day 21 so who knows. I'm glad that Misty ate for you right away, isn't it hard seeing our big girls lose weight! Belle has laid 3 good clutches and is at about 530 grams now...I am excited to have some horns and silks arrive this week, she deserves a treat! Keep us posted on Misty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom