question about uvb bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The compact UVB's aren't very good as they only put out UV rays in a very small area. They have also been known to cause health issues.

A Repti-Sun 10.0 fluorescent tube or an Arcadia bulb would be best.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
will a mercury vapor bulb help? many of them are combos for heating uvb and uva that i can replace the basking bulb with and have both it and the coil on...... the way my tank lid is i cant get the 18 inch lamps in or out of the tank.....i can tell people not to get the all things living desert tank....the nat geo one is better because its lid is full screen!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There are some MVB's that are better than others. Some produce more UV rays and more heat than others.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
diamc":10qior8f said:
There are some MVB's that are better than others. Some produce more UV rays and more heat than others.
can you give me a few brands? id rather have one of those than risk goober butt jumping on one in his enclosure......he has a weird "lets jump around like a grass hopper" tendency!! youd think a beardie couldnt jump very high but he pings about his tank like hes wearing little moon boots.....

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
:lol: Yes, they can be great jumpers. I only use Arcadia MVB's but you would need to get an up/down converter unless you don't live in the U.S.

Some owners have had good results with the Solar Glo and Power Sun though but they're not as strong or produce as much heat as the Arcdia or Megarays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom