Interior basking bulb/lamp suggestions

thelawgoddess

Hi. :) I am getting my daughter's beardie enclosure set up--it will be our first so we are newbies. We have been doing research and want to get the enclosure set up before we look for the dragon. The enclosure is a Symton 4x2x2. I ordered an Arcadia Ceramic Reflector - 8" and an Arcadia Solar Basking Flood - 150 Watt. But we want all of the lighting inside the enclosure. The Acadia 8" reflector is ridiculously huge--I don't want the lamp taking up that much space. And I'm thinking the 150w flood may be too hot for inside the enclosure. So, two questions: (1) What is a good lamp or reflector to house the bulb in that has a much smaller footprint and won't look like there's a beach ball in there. LOL. And (2) Should I get a lower wattage spot bulb instead or is a flood bulb okay to use? I do understand the bulb wattage may be trial and error, but hoping some of you with experience with this size enclosure can let me know what works for you. Also, I do plan to have it hooked up to a dimming thermostat if that matters for either of those questions. (For UVB, we have the Zoo-Med Reptisun T5 High Output 36 Inch Terrarium Hood and will be getting the Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 HO T5 UVB Lamp, 39 W, 34" L bulb.)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom