Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Congrats Gina!! :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: Gianna is absolutely beautiful, her colors are stunning. I have to agree with a comment earlier, she looks so much like Pookie to me. It's cool how tall she stands, very interested in seeing her surroundings. I am so happy for you, I hope you have so much fun with her and she brings you more and more joy each day.

-Kaleen

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Congrats on getting your power back AND congrats on the new addition to your family! :) How special to have Digi and Pookie's daughter in the house :D :D :D She is beautiful!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
See??? I told you "Miracles" happen! :mrgreen:

Sneak??? :roll: :roll: That's a total understatement! :laughing6:

Congratulations on the new baby girl! (And getting you power back!)

Welcome Gianna! :love5:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks everyone!
I just absolutely adore Gianna! She already has so much spunk and determination to do things her way, like jumping out of her tank only 4 days of being with me (where 1.5 of those were with my parents more than me).

Funny feeding story: I placed her in her feeding bin this morning and dumped about 5 crickets inside. She sat there completely motionless for the longest time, then started to get antsy so I picked her up. After sitting on my hand for about 10 minutes, I lowered her down to see the crickets for the odd chance that perhaps she'd change her mind. She did lunge at the bin just as a cricket walked by, so I put her back in thinking that she wanted to eat. Uh, nope! As soon as she was in, she wanted out again. OK, fine, I'll pick you up again. Shortly after holding her, again, I thought, "I wonder if she'd eat at least one cricket if I handed it to her." WELL, 7 crickets later, she was content once again. Yup, I'm :whip:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
If he did, it was done telepathically, unless he could speed-speak.
Oh wait, he was awake while I had Gianna out a few days ago. I wonder if he spoke with her then :silent:
Being Digi and Pookie's daughter, I wouldn't be surprised if she already picked up their talents of turning me into a well-trained slave, or was born with that talent.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'll bet all of it was inherited. :lol: We all know you will end up handfeeding some from now on, right? Be honest.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
It's hard not to. I had intended to let Lil Squirt (may change that name and use it as a nickname) continue to eat her greens out of the bowls we use, like Barbara did for her when she had her, but I didn't think she was eating enough so, a couple of days back I hand fed her a green. I rubbed it on the side of her mouth and when she opened her mouth I stuck the piece of greens in her mouth and she ate it. I've never seen her eat greens but I've seen evidence in her tank around the greens bowl that she's been in the bowl at least.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
diamc":2b3syoxq said:
I'll bet all of it was inherited. :lol: We all know you will end up handfeeding some from now on, right? Be honest.
smiley1635.gif
. . .
smiley5541.gif

Oh, I completely forgot to post this earlier. I finally brought the scale over (had to go home to clean out the fridge/freezer - ICK!) and weighed Gianna. She's 36 grams. Is that small for a 2.5 month old??

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would say 36 grams is pretty good for a 2 mo old. She's gonna be a big beardie, can tell by the length of her legs, toes and body.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
diamc":11jjcixk said:
I would say 36 grams is pretty good for a 2 mo old. She's gonna be a big beardie, can tell by the length of her legs, toes and body.
smiley-gen165.gif

She is very long, huh? I'll have to measure her when we get home tomorrow.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She really is long bodied, and 36g is a good weight for a 2 mo old, for sure! Diane's right, you can tell by the size of her feet & the length of her toes that she's going to be a big beardie, but how could she not with Pookie & Digi as parents :mrgreen: She's just beautiful and she'll be chomping on those crickets more & more. But only if you feed them to her, of course. She's like Issy, once Roger started feeding her crickets by hand, that was the end of her chasing them! So have fun being beardie whipped (but who of us isn't?) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom