Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Just love the pic of Pookie and Grammy...........aren't they amazing?.......... and it seems like your mom liked the attention too.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Odd, I could've sworn I had posted something last night.
Anywho, here's a tale for you all to chuckle over:

As always, when I get home from work, the first thing I do upon walking upstairs is to check on the condition of Pookie's viv, if it'll be trashed or A-ok, then look into how Digi's doing. I took a quick glance into Pookie's viv and everything was exactly how I left it in the AM, for exception of seeing a body. I turned to look at his window perch, expecting to see him happily sitting in the sun—nope. Oh great, the hunt for Pookie begins. :roll: I go to say hi to Digi and saw that she was hiding behind her igloo, wedged between the igloo and the glass, looking like she'd been sulking over something. Since I was already down there (kneeling on the floor), I decided to feed her her worms and salad (because somebody decided not to eat all day), which she ate nearly every morsel. Afterwards, I began my search of the kitchen for my sneaky escape artist. I looked in his usual hiding spots—no Pookie. I looked behind the couch and on the drapes—no Pookie. I looked next to Digi's viv—no Pookie. I looked underneath the table that his viv sits on—no Pookie. Hmmm, where in the world could he be??? At this point, I decided to change out of my work clothes so I could crawl down on the floor and conduct a more thorough search. Just as I stood up and took a glimpse of Pookie's viv again, I had the fright of my life. HE WAS IN THERE ALL ALONG! He was hanging out on his tree branch, happily basking under the light/heat! How in the world did I manage to not see him before?!?! Where in the world had I been looking to not see a yellow/tan beardie sitting on a green tree branch?!?!

Because I shrieked when I saw him, he gave me such a look of disgust for scaring him. Of course, I had to apologize and say "I'm sorry Pookie. I didn't see you sitting here."

In a nutshell, I'd be dangerous if I had a brain . . . and actually used it :roll:

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
:laughhard: OMG that is too funny! Are you sure he didn't sneak in there when you were changing?They do like to twist our brains :wink:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Poor Gina! Calm down and take a deep breath! As Michele said.. we all have those days, some of us worse than others :roll:
Then again, Vicky had a great thought. Maybe the Pookster really is messing with you :twisted:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Boy Gina, that must have been something. He was probably sitting right there watching you from behind the tree branch watching you feed the greens and worms to Digi and then thought that he better reappear or he'd miss out on something for him. He's quite the sneaky guy you know. :roll:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I never made it to change my clothes yet. If I had, I would've missed seeing him in his viv and would've been frantically searching the house for nothing.
While I was walking around the kitchen and living room looking for him, and feeding Digi her food, Pookie never once made a sound, which was why I didn't think he was in there. Good thing I have an eye appt next Tuesday. I think I'm losing my eyesight :roll:

Again, I somehow missed downloading/posting these videos last week.

Digi being bad (6/10)
(click me)

Digi arm waving at Pookie
(click me)

What happened to her beard??? (note the fold under her chin) (6/14)
2010_06-14.jpg

Peek-a-boo!
2010_06-14a.jpg

2010_06-14b.jpg

Here's Pookie sleeping next to me on Monday:
Oweeee!!!! See the reverse arm/hand/finger! (6/14)
2010_06_14b.jpg

2010_06_14c.jpg

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
LMAO! Gina, I love the vids! You crack me up..."Digi, stay on the couch!"
The armwave was great, although Pookie's blackbeard was saying otherwise! :shock:
You are having so much fun with your new little friend, aren't you?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Shortly after a failed attempt to get Pookie hormone crazed, Digi decided to belly flop on my laptop and tuck herself in for bed.

2010_06-16.jpg

2010_06-16a.jpg

2010_06-16b.jpg
:roll:

ETA: Here's how she ended up 5 hours later:
2010_06-17.jpg

I forgot to post this on Tuesday: when I left for work in the morning, I had turned on Buddy's MVB because the temps were cool in the house. When I got home later that day, and after getting over the shock of totally missing Pookie sitting in his viv, I realized that Buddy's light was off. My first thought was that the power had gone out during the day and had somehow blew out the bulb, but when I checked on the on/off switch, it was on the off position. HUH??? How could that be??? I literally sat on the floor for about 5 minutes trying to figure out how the light got turned off. I asked Zim, but he wouldn't talk. So, given nobody wanted to fess up to the deed, I can only assume that the same ceiling aliens that changed the TV channel also turned off the light. :dontknow:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Dawn, you crack me up!

Weighed Digi last night after a nice big poop. She's now 323!!!!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Im about a month late in saying CONGRATS on your new baby!!! She looks like a total sweetheart!! (Clearly Kazi and Phoebe's states of semi-brumation are rubbing off on me!!)

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
I just watched the videos. Digi was being such a flirt! :lol: Pookie was such a good boy and minded his own business the whole time :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Michelle, if I had any clue as to how much of a flirt she really is, I probably wouldn't have taken her (yeah right!).

She tried it again last night, jumping up on the couch and running towards Pookie to get his attention. But he was already half asleep and couldn't be bothered anymore, which sort of made Digi sad because as soon as she realized that he wasn't going to headbob at her, she walked over to a folded up blanket on top of the couch and decided to crawl in to go night night. I have a pic of her inside the blanket that I need to upload to PB.

While on the subject of silly gooses, I had caught Buddy in the middle of escaping this morning. He was just about to swing his back legs over when I saw him, and as soon as he heard me say "eh eh eh, where do you think you're going?" from across the room, he quickly flopped backwards back into his dishpan. What's even funnier is that he never saw me, only heard my voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom