Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Goonie":73w0h7xc said:
Good grief! For the past 10 minutes, Digi had been arm waving nonstop! She started in my lap, hidden behind the laptop, then she moved over a tad to be sure that she was seen, still arm waving. When that still wasn't good enough, she hopped up onto the top of the couch where she made sure that Pookie would see her - still arm waving. Surprisingly, Pookie was too engrossed with what was going on outside to realize that Digi was out. Well, she wasn't going to give up because she moved closer to where he was sitting (in front of the window, wherelse) and arm waved some more, with bigger rotations. Oh yeah, that did it alright! :roll: She stood her ground while watching poor Pookie foot stomping with such force that I heard the thump thump thump 4 feet away. I finally had to pull him down and give him a snuggle with alot of beard strokings, which calmed him down rather quickly. But all the while, that little flirtatious girl was still at it, looking back every now and then to see if Pookie was looking :roll:

Thank goodness, Pooks is now quietly and happily napping on my leg, and I have no idea what that crazy girl is doing (she had jumped off the couch and is somewhere over by the TV, where Buddy's stuff are), but she's scratching at something. Man, this means that I'll have to move Pookie to get her :roll:
You better put a chastity belt on that girl :lol:

This also cracked me up:
what a silly boy :lol:

"While on the subject of silly gooses, I had caught Buddy in the middle of escaping this morning. He was just about to swing his back legs over when I saw him, and as soon as he heard me say "eh eh eh, where do you think you're going?" from across the room, he quickly flopped backwards back into his dishpan. What's even funnier is that he never saw me, only heard my voice."

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Michelle, if there was such a thing as a beardie chastity belt, I'd be putting one on Digi in a heartbeat. That girl is a bigger flirt than anything/one I'd ever known. Yikes!

Glad I was able to make you laugh over my silly beardie-wannabe. He listens better than Zim and Pookie combined. I only need to say "eh eh" and he'd stop right in his tracks, and when I say "where do you think you're going?" he'd flop right back in.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like there is never a dull moment in your household now Gina. :mrgreen: You never know what you're going to see or find. They are all doing so well, what great entertainment for you. Can we say "spoiled?" Digi looks so much like Misty, love her facial expressions. Pookie sure is in love with her, that foot stomping description sounds adorable.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Diane, I'm starting to think that perhaps Pookie is jealous instead of in love. After grabbing a hold of him and snuggled and stroked him for almost a half hour, he no longer cared that Digi was only a few feet away, still arm waving. As long as I paid attention to him, he was happy (because his black beard was completely gone in mere minutes).
If he had been on the floor when he was foot stomping, it would've sounded so much louder. Given he was on the couch and still made so much noise, I had no idea that he could stomp with such force.

Oh yeah, entertainment to the max! :wink:

Lilly

Gray-bearded Member
G, your new girl is absolutely adorable and seems like she fit right in ;-) sorry for u being put in the corner by so many bossy kids :lol: but i must say, u'r a great slave

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Here's the long-awaited proof that Digi is growing (6/17):
2010_06-17a.jpg

Digi's first attempt at hiding in a blankie:
2010_06-17b.jpg

You guys will get a laugh over what I'm about to tell you, so if anyone's drinking or eating anything, do not proceed until all food items have been swallowed.
After getting home from my eye doctor appt. and being as blind as ever (both eyes were dilated), I decided to take Digi out of her viv for some snuggles. She looked so lonely sitting in there all by herself and nobody to flirt with (Pookie had been sitting on his window perch since mid afternoon). She was clamped onto my hand/arm at first, until I pointed out where Pookie was. WELL, she shifted her girlish figure and stared & waited for Pookie to notice. As soon as he got a glance of her, of course the head bobbing started and of course she reciprocated with ever-so-gentle arm waves (no mini bobs this time). She waved twice per arm and waited for more reaction -- but she didn't get any. Instead of heavy foot stomps and flying across the couch, Pookie never moved! He actually started to put his head down and went back to window watching! :eek: My poor little flirt didn't get to perform today :( Knowing she wasn't going to get any more out of Pookie, she started looking for a place to butt wiggle -- first it was the pillow right next to me but it didn't provide a good crevice to hide in, then she tried my laptop but again couldn't find a good spot. Finally, she ended up like this:

2010_06-22.jpg

2010_06-22a.jpg

EEEEGOD!!! I have another couch dweller! Somebody help me!

fez09

Extreme Poster
So cute!!! She is growing!!! Do you know how long she is?? What a flirt, just like all the girls that come from Barb's house!!!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Gina, when I read the new title of this thread I wondered what strange new pet you had. This is funny as our beardies seem to like their head covered so that they don't see the light when they want to sleep. Yes, you now have 3 couch dwellers.

BTW: when are you going to add Digi to your sig pics?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Oh my god! I'm such a bad new mommy! I never measured Digi's length :oops:

:laughing6: Lori, I guess that could be interpreted as me having another identity-challenged pet. Oops!
Yeah, I need to update my sig to include Digi and newer pics of Pookie and Buddy. Maybe this weekend.

I sure hope that she has a little pocket in there for her to breathe. Should I move her?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Aww! Digi is looking ever so sweet! Love all the stories of the blackbearding, foot stomping, head bobbing and arm waving.. phew! They are keeping you on your toes, Gina.. LOL
Digi looks so at home with you and already hiding her head in the couch :roll: That's too funny!
She's putting on some weight too :blob8: What is she eating(besides cheerios,lol) and how much is she eating for you?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":wu1cijes said:
She's putting on some weight too :blob8: What is she eating(besides cheerios,lol) and how much is she eating for you?
I haven't introduced her to cheerios, yet :wink:
I'd been giving her swiss chards and escarole (I think that's what I bought) and yellow squash (which she thought were worms at first, until the first bite :lol:), and waxies and baby supers/horns/silkies. Unless she gets interrupted early by Pookie's hormonal craze, she usually finishes everything I give her minus a few escapees.

I should weigh her again to see if she'd gain more weight, and measure her length.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Got length measurements on both Pookie and Digi last night: 21 in and 16.5 in, respectively.

Barbara, how long was Digi at her last weigh-in with you?

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Happy Birthday to you! You live in a zoo! You used to have one little monkey but for your birthday you got number two! And maaaaannnnnnnyyyyyy more!!!!!!!

fez09

Extreme Poster
spurlee01":2i00pvuh said:
Happy Birthday to you! You live in a zoo! You used to have one little monkey but for your birthday you got number two! And maaaaannnnnnnyyyyyy more!!!!!!!
LMAO! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom