Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Sara, you're a nut!
Thanks, well, not really, because now I have the Mounds/Almond Joy song stuck in my head :banghead: (not sure how it's related, but it is).

Hmmm, a monkey . . . wonder how I could get my hands on one :study:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
spurlee01":2qunj4bo said:
I have to work all weekend, I have two monkeys I will be MORE than happy to send you.
We already had this conversation, remember? And I made it very clear that it wasn't going to happen, remember? Remember?! :wink:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Found a few forgotten pics of Buddy.

Peek-a-boo (4/28)
babyturtle290.jpg

How can he breathe? (5/17)
babyturtle291.jpg

Fatty! (6/5)
babyturtle293.jpg

babyturtle294.jpg

Just because he looked so cute (6/18)
babyturtle295.jpg

Sleepy baby (6/26)
babuturtle297.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi Gina! :wave: Long time no see. First I've gotta say those are some adorable pic's of Buddy. :love5:
Barbara, how long was Digi at her last weigh-in with you?
Running to look......these are the last weigh-in and measurements I have on her it was only a day or two
before she set flight to her forever home.

DSC01216.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
spurlee01":gglgh1i0 said:
Fruity pebbles now too?!?!
:laughhard: No, that's his turtle pellets.

Digi was such a good girl earlier. She let me touch her hands/feet/toes and didn't flinch at all when I clipped her nails! Wahoo!

If PB decides to play nice today, I'll be posting some more pics later. Stay tuned.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Buddy is huge!!!! My little Grimm is only 31 grams!! What all does he eat (obviously pellets) I'll be looking for pics later today, I will have to post a few as well! Digi sounds like a sweet/laid back little girl!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Holy Cow Gina! Buddy is getting huge :shock: I still cannot believe that you have an Alligator snapper that likes to cuddle that is so against their nature.At that size a normal snapper would be looking to remove toes and fingers but not Buddy.You are the turtle whisperer!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Vicky, if it wasn't for his shell, I wouldn't remember that he's a snapper, much less a turtle.
Yesterday morning, he was being such a bad boy, insisting to climb out of the pan. I knelt down next to him and had my face right over him, telling him no over and over again, and forcing him back down by pushing on his nose. We must've fought for over 6 minutes, because he quickly became agitated and started pushing back. At that point, I was certain a bite was coming next, but instead he cowered in a corner and sulked until I left the house at 11:30am (for about 40 min).
So, in a nutshell, he didn't/wouldn't bite even after being provoked. :roll:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Finally, a compromise to window basking . . . (6/26)
2010_06-26.jpg

. . . til the wee hours of the night
2010_06-26a.jpg

2010_06-26b.jpg

(Digi)

2010_06-26.jpg

(Pookie)

A few more adorable Digi pics:

Bedtime with stuffy (6/24)
2010_06-24.jpg

Double sexy leg
2010_06-24a.jpg

Wooo, 16.5 inches!
2010_06-24b.jpg

Gimme the wormie!!!

(click to view)

Here's how long Pookie is now (6/24):
2010_06-24.jpg

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
aww poor Digi shes like what is this magical force field that is stoping me from getting the nummy worms

fez09

Extreme Poster
Great idea to divide the window sill! Those pics were adorable. The Digi video is soooooo freakin precious, I do hope that you gave that poor girl a worm!!!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
fez09":9kgapbn8 said:
Great idea to divide the window sill! Those pics were adorable. The Digi video is soooooo freakin precious, I do hope that you gave that poor girl a worm!!!
Yeah, it was long overdue for the window divide. Digi kept wanting to steal Pookie's perch, which doesn't make for a very happy Pookie, so I caved and bought her her own. The panda and pillow propped up in the middle covered up their sight of each other perfectly. I now can have both of them out at the same time and not worry about Pookie being all stressed out -- although every now and then Digi did try to peek around the corner.
Give the poor girl a worm?! That video was taken after she had a bunch of different worms AND her salad, all hand fed of course :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom