Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Though I had not seen the movie "Frozen", I do like Olaf simply because he's so goofy looking :laughing6:

Thank you soooo much, Tonja!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
You're welcome anytime. we just need to get them to you now. They are not perfect but I did them from my heart. They are soft and comfy looking for your babies. There are 5 of them total.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
We are expecting 13 inches of snow this weekend. I need you to inbox me your address so I can mail off the 5 beds for you Monday depending on the roads.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Ok barring weather, your blankets should be there Monday according to the post office.
tracking number is
Just copy and paste the number into the USPS tracking system on their tracking site.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thank you, Tonja! Can't wait for my babies to try them out.

Speaking of babies, guess who woke up and crawled out of the cave today? Baby Gianna! She had been somewhat restless since yesterday afternoon, because I kept hearing her shifting inside her cave. Well, this morning she had turned herself around so that the tip of her nose was sitting right at the cave entrance. I didn't bother her by saying hello because I saw that her eyes were still closed; Pookie, however, had been running to the edge of the couch and head bobbing at her house all morning. I kept telling him that Gianna was still sleeping, but the fact that he could see her nose, he thought she was going to get up.

Low and behold, some time between noon and early afternoon, Gianna actually snail crawled out of her cave. She sat half in and half out for hours, and even drank some water (but wasn't interested in greens). Finally, some time around 7'ish, she made her way to the back of her house and tucked her nose under one of her stuffies, where she eventually fell asleep.

I wonder where she'll be tomorrow.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Can't wait to see how your beardies like their beds, Gina.

And Gianna is up, that's great, let us know if she gets up tomorrow, too.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I removed Gianna's blanket some time after 8:30am and her eyes were opened, but only a slit. A half hour later, she climbed up her tree branch to warm up. Because I had moved her CHE to the other end of her house, to be over her cave, she wasn't getting enough heat. Knucklehead me decided to unscrew the CHE with a potholder while it was still burning hot. After 4 turns, I started to smell something burning; turned out to be the potholder
  • smiley5912.gif
PSA: Do not try to remove a CHE until it had cooled down.

I had to move Gianna to her Daddy's house to warm up, and of course, Pookie decided that he had to black beard and head bob at her from across the living room. Crazy kids.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I've done that, too, Gina, but when I thought it was cooled off and it wasn't. So one of the small blankies that Dawn made has some strange marks on it! I'm glad you didn't burn yourself, though.

So did Gianna actually get up? Won't that be nice if she's up for good!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I think I would've opted for burning myself over nearly setting Gianna's house on fire.

It is now 2:40pm and Gianna's still awake. She had eating a small bowl of greens and drank a lot of water; still waiting for her to poop. She watched her Daddy dive bomb her house 3 times and head bobbed him when he was pacing in front of her. She even tried to bite him through the glass!
Right now, she's sitting at the back of her house, between her stuffies, but still wide awake and head up.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Your package has left Colorado and is by tracking due to arrive to you on Monday. The box it is in was the box our drone was in so don't be alarmed by the box, its beardie blankies lol. Thought you might like an update on your beds.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Tonja":2h5ib4zu said:
The box it is in was the box our drone was in so don't be alarmed by the box, its beardie blankies lol.
Thanks for the warning ;)

So, guess who's bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning, and already had breakfast? GIANNA! :p

Yesterday afternoon, while quietly resting in her house, Digi suddenly started to gape in a scary way, almost as if she was choking on something. She also had a very black beard and tip of her tail. Every time she opened her mouth, I saw supers stored in her crop (if beardies have those). She also was contracting her tummy. I was expecting her to throw up or worse, stop breathing. She looked exactly like how she did the last time she had a major tummy ouch, but no matter how much I begged, she didn't poop. After watching her for a couple of minutes, I picked her up and brought her over to the couch. I held her close to my chest, rubbing her back, but she only stayed for a few seconds before turning around and climbing onto my lap. She sat in my lap for more than a half hour before her black beard started to go away. Of course, that was when Pookie decided to fly over here and bother her. He kept trying to climb over my hand barrier, but thank goodness he listened to reason and stayed put (after more than 15 minutes of begging and telling him that the reason why Digi was out was because she wasn't feeling well). He sat right next to my leg and just watched her, and periodically looked up at me to see if I would change my mind.

After more than an hour of sitting with me, Digi decided that she was feeling better and wanted to sit next to Pookie on the couch. Of course, that was a big no-no because he was still all wound up. I promptly picked her up and put her back home. Strange thing was that she never threw up nor pooped while sitting with me.

About 5-10 minutes after lights out, Digi strangely began to pace in her house and bumping the glass. She was begging to come out, even though it was time for night night. Being the well-trained slave that I am, I picked her up and brought her to the couch, again. (Oh, I forgot to mention that after I put Digi back home earlier, Pookie decided to sulk and hid underneath the computer. Drama King!) I wrapped her in a blanket for the hopes that she'll settle down and go to sleep. Nope! She crawled out of the blanket and proceed to climb onto the laptop, but I stopped her and brought her to my lap. She then tried to climb under the computer, but I wouldn't let her do that either because Pookie was down there, even though I'm sure that was why she wanted to go there in the first place. Finally, seeing that I wasn't going to win the battle, I allowed her to go onto the couch and next to Pookie, but I covered his head so he wouldn't whip around and bite her. He did black beard and bob at her at first, but then settled down a bit when she didn't go any farther than snuggling up against his tail. I also covered them both with the blanket so they would just go to sleep. Luckily, they did and not a peep or stir came from either of them until Pookie got up after 9am. He didn't even go back under the blanket to wake Digi up ;)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad you prevented any contacted when Pookie was a het up, you don't want any more babies! I'm also glad Digi is feeling better. Gabriel also does that, puts all his food in his beard (not sure what that's called), then takes a couple of hours to digest. It's kind of weird looking as his beard pouches out really far. Leo does the same thing. So glad she wasn't choking, poor girl. So they slept together all night? I'm glad they got a good nights rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom