Placement of my UVB Tube Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this UVB Tube light be too close to the dragon if I put it right here on the board? Or should I just have the sitting on the top of the wire?
94372-6324494392.jpg

94372-5557613843.jpg

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Since you don't have a reflector for it you'll have to mount it inside anyway. However you need it right over the basking spot not on the cool side. So unless that basking bulb is a MVB your going to have to re-arrange the lighting a bit.

PodunkKhaleesi

Hatchling Member
Venus is right. You’ll want to arrange the lighting so that the two lights overlap at one point and the beardie receives UV light while basking (vs. having the UV light on one side of the cage and the basking light on the other).

Purperc

I have a similar question. We're building an enclosure that is 48" wide x 22" deep x 28" tall and are planning to run two 22" florescents for UVB and light in general. Does it matter whether we run them across the top or the back of the enclosure? I was thinking the top would offer more coverage to the cage, but most of the suggestions I'm seeing talk about them mounted on the back wall.

Purperc

We have two separate fixtures running the length of the cage. My plan is to keep the newest bulb on the basking side, and when its potency runs out I'll move it to the cool side and install a new one on the basking side. I'll have to get some pictures posted of Spike's new home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom