Petting and Holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
My dragons do like to be pet. I pet them as often as their attention span for the such allows, while they are out. Some of my dragons will actually close their eyes while I am petting them like a cat would. My advise pet them often, it builds a bond. Hold them often as it also builds a bond. Just keep it regulated to their digestive needs, if they have eaten in the past 2 hours then it is best to let them bask, for proper digestion. Other then that the sky is the limit :wink:

fez09

Extreme Poster
Mine love attention! They like their backs stroked and their beards. More than "petting" I'd say they just like to be held and snuggled...

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Sarth loves to be pet. Sometimes when I stroke his back he just hunkers down in my hand and pancakes his tummy out.

Bella likes her head to be petted but not her chin.
Baxter loves his chin and head to be petted, but hates his feet to be touched.

So pretty much, what you can do is just try different things often they may take a liking to it and might not.

Welcome to the mysterious world of beardies.

jon21388

Juvie Member
everytime i walk into my room either me or my gf pet stewie and most of the time take him out of his tank. When he is ready to go back in he actually runs over to it and starts scratching the glass wanting to go back in

well i'm yet to figure out the behaviours of Yoda but i already know he adores his chin being stroked so at the moment every day for 10mins im really just focussing on that. then when he gets a bit wiggly i put him back in his enclosure

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
Midna, my 8 month old, will let me hold her for hours. And when I try to put her back in her viv she will grab my hand and not let go. But as for Link, 4 1/2 month old that we have had for over a month now, will let me hold him for a few minutes and then want to be let loose so he can run around. I have been working with him so he will get used to being held. He has got better because at first he would only let us hold him for a couple of seconds.

leatherbd

Original Poster
thanks again everyone. I have another question about holding now. Whenever i take her out she seems to always open her mouth at me. is this good bad, scared or normal behavior? PLZ Help and i have mad sure i am holding her right.

Thank you>?

leatherbd

Original Poster
thanks again everyone. I have another question about holding now. Whenever i take her out she seems to always open her mouth at me. is this good bad, scared or normal behavior? PLZ Help and i have mad sure i am holding her right.

Thank you>?

leatherbd

Original Poster

Thank you>?

coastergirl946

Hatchling Member
Curt loves to be petted pretty much anywhere.. his head, back, belly, legs, feet, chin, tail. He doesn't mind being held for any amount of time as long as his front legs are supported.. let go of one front leg for half a second and he starts going bonkers and thrashing around. :lol: If he does the head bob for any reason, we put him back in his viv.
He actually fell asleep on me one night after I had taken care of him that day (feeding and bathing him, lots of cuddles and petting, letting him run around and explore the room).. I melted when he snuggled up to me and closed his eyes. :love5:

Bearded dragons seem to enjoy moderate amounts of handling. First, you have to tame them. 10 to 30 minutes should suffice to what they can handle.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
I'm getting my new baby next week and its only about 6 weeks old.. How much should we hold he/she at first if any? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom