Bathing situation

SebastianB

My dad and I got this female bearded dragon, I don't remember when but she's at least 13 to 15 inches when we got her she was probably 5 to 8 inches. Since we got her neither of gave her bath I didn't even know she needed one and we also never really held for very long, but lately I've been trying to hold her more like today I've had her for about an hour and 30 minutes and she's asleep next to me but should I wait longer to to give her bath or do it today keep in mind this is the first time I've held her this long. Also I only get to see her on the weekends and my dad isn't very comfortable with holding her so I'm not sure exactly what I should do.

Attachments

• 1698613890341591063145831659669.jpg
    1698613890341591063145831659669.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 66

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Baths are really only needed if they have soiled themselves.

Sometimes baths are useful if they haven't poo'd in awhile, seems the movement of moving around in the water helps stimulate the bowels.

-Brandon

SebastianB

Original Poster
Baths are really only needed if they have soiled themselves.

Sometimes baths are useful if they haven't poo'd in awhile, seems the movement of moving around in the water helps stimulate the bowels.

-Brandon
Thank you Brandon for this helpful insight.

I think it would be a good idea to do it soon then because I'm pretty sure she's not pooping as often as she used too.

Again, thank you Brandon.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, baths can be fun though, maybe some playtime for them. Some of them love to swim
around for some exercise. You always have to watch them closely when they are in water though,
so they don't drown.

Tracie

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Also she might drink from the water, so keep it clean for her. If she does so you should wait a little before picking her up from the water to make sure she has swallowed it and doesen't keep it "stored" in her beard. She could aspirate it if she gets surprised by being picked up.
She looks nice and comfy, it's so cute when they fall asleep on you :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom