Norbert's day to day *Pic Heavy!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been wanting to make a thread for Norbert for a while now, so here it goes! This is Norbert's day to day life, his milestones, and just when I think he's being too gosh darn cute! :love5:

I think Ill start from the beginning. Norbert hatched in mid to late February and is from Daichu. He is around 4 months old now, and has been nothing short of the perfect dragon! He's put up with me obsessing over ever detail of his viv, inspecting him over and over many times a day, and just being over all paranoid. He is my first dragon, and Im a very proud slave! :)

This is Norbert the very first day I had him, right after I put him in his first viv:

Him right after his first bath a day or so later:

After I moved him into his current 40 gallon breeder...He seemed MUCH happier! :D

His first full body shed with me!

Looking very proud :)

Butterworms! mmmm

Fatty!

First time eating his salad on his own. :D

And today :)

Enough pictures mom!!

Well, thats my summary of Norbert's life so far! I hope you enjoyed seeing his growth, and will follow his life with me here as it happens. :D

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Katie007":1imfa851 said:
He was 349 grams as of yesterday.
LOL! :lol: You and Dooter both have BD's that are bigger then my almost 2yr old! :lol: Myah is 317.5 grams as of today. She'll be 2 in Sept. :roll: guess I got me one of those rare streamline BD's! LOL! Glad to hear Norbert is a good healthy weight. It's really nice to see :D

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Aw Myah! lol If she's anything like my Norbert she probably acts like she's the toughest dragon around, regardless of her size. Norbert head bobs at me when he's trying to run somewhere and I keep stopping him. He get's all mad and shows me the HE'S dominant and I better let him go on his way. :roll: After I laugh at his display I always think he gives me grumpy eyes.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Katie007":145ixze8 said:
Aw Myah! lol If she's anything like my Norbert she probably acts like she's the toughest dragon around, regardless of her size.
LOL! :lol: Most days yes, but poor little Myah is battling Coccidia right now for the 2nd time :( All she wants right now is mommy's cuddles. I feel so bad for her but I am enjoying her calmer side. It's kinna funny because I was so crazy excited that she had gained weight and then the vet told me she still needs the same amount of meds as before because she's so little :roll:
Katie007":145ixze8 said:
After I laugh at his display I always think he gives me grumpy eyes.
That's too funny! LOL! :lol: He's such a boy! It's nice to hear about adventures in testosterone land, when I'm always surrounded by girly's :wink:

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Im sorry about the Coccidia. :( I haven't had to deal with that, but I always read on here how hard it is to get rid of. And yes, Norbert acts like such a boy sometimes! :lol:

Dooter, thank you for telling me Stella is slowing down too, it makes me feel a lot better. What you said sounds just like Norbert. He only wants bugs once a day (absolutely refuses them at dinner), and does the exact same thing while exploring! He'll run back and forth until he finds the perfect spot to cram his body and fall asleep. It's always somewhere ridiculous too! :lol: (like on the bookcase, in my laundry basket, on top of my shoes...)

SpitFyre, yes he is a trans! :)

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Norbert is so pudgy! :lol: After he eats he always looks like such a fatty! Such a glutton... :roll:

He weighed in at 375 grams today. He gains 20-30 grams a week. That seems like a lot...I hope he's not getting too big too fast.
I just started offering him superworms. He absolutely LOVES them! It's almost like I can see him putting on weight day by day from eating these superworms.
He's also been a little better lately with his greens. :) Still not eating them as much as Id like, but its definitely a start.

And here he is a couple nights ago being a sweetie! :love5:

I love when he cuddles, he's so adorable! :love5: :love5: :love5:

Oh, that white stuff on his head is calcium powder...when he bites into bugs that are dusted the powder kind of flies up onto his head. :roll:

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SpitFyre":3nvjsvtc said:
That second to last picture made me think, "Just a few more steps....Come on... PUSH!"

LOL he always looks like such a slob after he eats! :lol: That's just him being lazy though, he has his days where he'll eat then LEAP up onto his basking spot all graceful. :roll:

He does pretty much have a constant round tubby belly though. :)

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Katie007":3k5k4ahk said:
I took a picture right before that, that looked like he was giving me a stink eye. LOL I didn't post it though because it came out all blurry. (I have to stand on a stool to get my hands all the way in his viv, and I almost fell trying to take pictures. lol)

When I read that I laughed, literally, out loud!!

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
HAHA! :lol: This is a pretty common occurrence for me. Im planning on rearranging soon, and making a spot for Norbert's viv lower down on a stand. To feed him, take him out, clean, anything, I have to stand on this little stool.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
WOW Norbert is getting big!

He looks like one of those Hostess Snowball cakes! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
LOL right! :lol: He weighed in at 382 grams today. :) He's been growing like crazy the past couple months. I have a feeling he's going to outgrow his 40gal breeder, and Im gonna be investing in one of those big 4x2x2 suckers. That's ok, I REALLY want to either buy or try to build one of those stackable vivs so I'll have the space for a second dragon. :) Good thing Im a broke college student, if I had the money Im pretty sure Id have about 20 beardies! (I can just picture what my place is going to look like when I graduate and settle...my very own reptile zoo! :roll: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom