New eggs, how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mymomma

Hello, momma laid some eggs. It could have been a couple hours before I noticed them. How long do they last before I should put them in the incubator?

Thanks folks,

Patrick

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
How long they will last depends on the conditions. One of my girls laid eggs in her sand, when I was using it, unexpectdly just after lights out. We were in the room at lights out and there were no eggs. I went back 4 or 5 hours later and found them. Had a 80% hatch rate.

But, it is best to get them into the incubator right after they have been laid.

ernie

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
Yep I've had a clutch laid at night, all 17 beautiful fertile eggs died... So make sure you do your best of have a lay box ready when she's showing the signs! If at all possible, I watch them lay, then I let the female pack the dirt, then I double check to make sure she's empty, then the eggs go straight to the incubator. I prepare my vermiculite when the female is laying or a day or two before... And while I'm putting the eggs in the vermiculite the female is soaking in a shallow bath to rehydrate and rise off...

If you have any more questions just let us know!

Anthony

lemmons

chappers laid 20 eggs on boxing day, i was at my parents for the day and stayed there overnight, left her bin of compost in her tank with her as she was digging but didn't think she'd be due for another couple of days. came back on the 27th and there they were. two shrivelled up after a couple of weeks, one fertile one not (husband insisted on cutting them open to see what was inside, charming) the rest are still incubating and seem fine. some were stuck together but they seemed to separate ok. i would put them straight in the incubator if you can but dont give up on them if you've found them late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikeb
Top Bottom