NC Craigslist update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Jennifer! Don't show me any beardies in need within 100 miles of me! You know how I am...

But, poor thing. I wonder if he can even chew. I have poor little MBD dragon whose jaw does not line up and he just has to gum it to death and usually just swallows whole, so I have to keep him on tiny feeders like Phoenix worms and the tiny dubia nymphs.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Come on Susan, you know you need that poor beardie! And, I could even pick it up and meet you with it. Rescue train in action!!

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Jiffy":1pfr0pip said:
Come on Susan, you know you need that poor beardie! And, I could even pick it up and meet you with it. Rescue train in action!!

Just last night, my hubby "suggested" that I could rehome 1 or 2 of the healthier lizards, citing feeding and electricity as being prohibitive costs. I informed him that veggies don't cost much, besides we have a garden to get most of those. I'm starting a dubia colony, so live feeders are about to cost next to nothing. And I use 100W Megarays, so just today I figured out that one of them costs about 3.00 a month to run, times 4 lights is only $12 a month. He drinks that much in beer every week!

So, while I managed to tell him "NO WAY JOSE" on the rehoming (I don't think he was serious, anyway), I would be hard pressed to get him to agree to bring another home, especially so soon after the last one. :cry:
Wish I could...

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I understand that. I would like to help this little guy, but I also think that Butch may kill me if I even tried it!

So, if anyone local wants to help, I will be glad to work on helping get the beardie to you.

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Jiffy":36m1kbpw said:
I understand that. I would like to help this little guy, but I also think that Butch may kill me if I even tried it!

So, if anyone local wants to help, I will be glad to work on helping get the beardie to you.

I'll even take a leg of the rescue train from the Charlotte area to anywhere in western NC or upstate SC or eastern TN or southwest VA.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I emailed him to see if there was a rehoming fee, or if the money was only for the equipment, and also to see how old the beardie is, and if it is under a uv light.

Here is his reply
2 years old.no rehoming fee.yes under a uv light.take 70.00

So he says no rehoming fee, and will take $70. I guess that means if you just get the beardie there is no cost, but if you want the accessories, it will be $70

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
OK, HOPEFULLY I have Butch convinced to let me take him in till I can find a home for him. I am so excited! And I had to promise him that I would work on getting him better and finding him a good home.
I have emailed the guy to see if I can get together with him.

Fingers crossed!!!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
OK, so Butch is an awesome boyfriend! I convinced him to let me get the beardie. I will be rehoming him (I had to promise I would try to rehome him, but I will be picky). But for now, he is safe with me. He doesnt look as bad as I thought he did, other than his mouth.
His name was Spike, but I am changing it to Duckie! His little mouth looks like a duck bill. He rode the whole hour and a half trip back on my chest while I drove.
Pics coming in just a minute

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Here is Duckie right after I got him home. He has since had a bath where he had a nice long drink and a nice big poop.
Duckie.jpg

Duckie2.jpg

Duckie3.jpg

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I am so glad you were able to get him for now! He doesn't look to be in bad shape except for his mouth. He has beautiful colors!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Sara!
And Susan, LOL, you are just glad I didnt try to force him on you! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom