Is this ok?

Wellsy

IMG_6814.jpeg
my beardie has been really picky with her eating, lots of glass surfing, and today she pooped and I don’t think it should look like this, anyone know anything?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
It's not a lot but you mentioned picky eating, so I would say that's okey. I wouldn't worry if this was from my dragon.

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
What do you think why does this look so slimy and translucent on the left side? Mucus from the gut?
I had never seen such from my dragon, so I wonder what could make it being that different in the photo here.
(The one from my dragon look like "they usually do", similar to poop from a bird.)

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
The poop depends on what they eat and how they digest it. Digestion depends on them basking under the right temps.

Sounds like your Taco is a good boy eating his greens, that will make the poop greenish and more mushy. Sometimes it might even not be as well formed (not like a sausage) and look more like a bird splash. Mostly it should be formed like a sausage and maybe contain even a little bit extra moisture in addition to the solid urate.

Eating more bugs will make the poop darker and dry as they require lots of water to process the proteins and get rid of the uric acid.

As for the slimy, translucent part, I don't know. Could be anything really. Meaning anything he ate or just mucus but as mentioned I would not bother too much as long as you don't get strange poops for weeks every day.

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
The poop depends on what they eat and how they digest it. Digestion depends on them basking under the right temps.
That was clear to me. Also darker poop, yellowish - ok. But that slimy-reddish thing looked just so much off for me and I had never seen such.
Thanks (y) for clarifying that it could also look like that!

(My Taco likes eating his greens, but is still more a bug eater. So no mushy poop. But no crumbly either. With "like from a bird" I mean't not like a big splash from a seagull (once I got hit by such a splash... bah!), but like from a chicken or parakeet.)

I would not bother too much as long as you don't get strange poops for weeks every day.
That would also be my thought. Same as for humans that just one off isn't of concern if it's not something really terrible.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
That was clear to me. Also darker poop, yellowish - ok. But that slimy-reddish thing looked just so much off for me and I had never seen such.
Thanks (y) for clarifying that it could also look like that!

(My Taco likes eating his greens, but is still more a bug eater. So no mushy poop. But no crumbly either. With "like from a bird" I mean't not like a big splash from a seagull (once I got hit by such a splash... bah!), but like from a chicken or parakeet.)

That would also be my thought. Same as for humans that just one off isn't of concern if it's not something really terrible.
Ahh, I understand what you mean now ;)

Yeah, no, as long as it's no blood, it's fine. They are (like us) no robots and can get thrown off sometimes for various reasons

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom