My Zero has starting eating his poo!! Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is spoiled rotten. I hand feed him and he eats great I just recently went from carpet to newspaper. This is freaking me out. I am a clean freak but he eats it before I am able to get it. Help....

cgoldiemill

Original Poster
No I don't think so I feed hand feed him out of his habitat. I am so confused he has never done this before.

Lenewen

Juvie Member
I have never heard of a dragon doing such a thing. Can you try to get him to go to the bathroom in the bath instead? Some of us on here have trained our dragons to go to the bathroom once a day in a tub of water. To encourage him to do so, just feed him a big meal, wait about an hour then give him a warm bath and massage his tummy. They have an easier time going in the tub so he may stop going in his tank. The only drawback is you should bathe him once a day for a few minutes so he can go to the bathroom.

This is honestly the only thing I could think of to do. That's just crazy!

cgoldiemill

Original Poster
I found out what was going on I had put newspaper on one side of his tank and it had pics of food. I honestly think he was trying to eat the food. lol He is not doing it anymore for I replaced with reptile carpet....

Speedy01

Speedy did the same thing last year i just stalked him then as soon as he went i ran over and cleaned it week later he stoped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom