Juno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Glaurung
My little dragon has been eating voraciously for almost 3 weeks now, but he suddenly stopped eating.
It has been around 3 days since he stopped, and I've periodically kept him hydrated just in case.
I had a bearded dragon before that unfortunately passed away cause i realized she was sick too late, so i would like to not repeat the dreadful experience.
Any help is welcome, and I'll try to respond to any questions to the best of my abilities.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My little dragon has been eating voraciously for almost 3 weeks now, but he suddenly stopped eating.
It has been around 3 days since he stopped, and I've periodically kept him hydrated just in case.
I had a bearded dragon before that unfortunately passed away cause i realized she was sick too late, so i would like to not repeat the dreadful experience.
Any help is welcome, and I'll try to respond to any questions to the best of my abilities.
Little dragon??? How old? Surface basking temps and UVB are crucial for the dragon to keep eating-- surface temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and UVB needs to be a long tube fixture--- NO coils please - the UVB needs to be properly placed for the screen on the tank as well

Juno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Glaurung
Little dragon??? How old? Surface basking temps and UVB are crucial for the dragon to keep eating-- surface temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and UVB needs to be a long tube fixture--- NO coils please - the UVB needs to be properly placed for the screen on the tank as well
I don't know the exact age, but he shouldn't be older than 6 months i belive.
He has plenty of surfaces at different levels for basking, and various shaded places too.
The temperature under the lamp is pretty high, and the shaded areas are around 25 degrees too.
Atm i don't have a digital probe, but I'm planning to get one or two later in March.
I have a halogen basking lamp with uva and uvb, is it not good?
I didn't understand the last part about placement sorry

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He has plenty of surfaces at different levels for basking, and various shaded places too.
The temperature under the lamp is pretty high, and the shaded areas are around 25 degrees too.
Atm i don't have a digital probe, but I'm planning to get one or two later in March.
Please do not wait for the digital probe thermometers-- surface basking temps need to be 105-110 F - 77 F is not hot enough for a hot side of the tank - that temp is more for night time temps ambient - you want 3 temps in that tank - 80ish F on cool side 90's F in middle of the tank and the surface basking temps which would keep the ambient temp of around 100 F or so --- your dragon will not eat w/ out the temps being on par along w/ the UVB ---- please tell me the UVB your using post a pic of the box or the bulb itself --- this is crucial for the dragons growth and over all health

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
She was asking if your uvb is a coil or long tube. The coils are not good. The Zoomed or Arcadia are the best or something equivalent. Also it best if it's mounted under the screen. The screen blocks a large amount of the uvb.

Juno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Glaurung
Please do not wait for the digital probe thermometers-- surface basking temps need to be 105-110 F - 77 F is not hot enough for a hot side of the tank - that temp is more for night time temps ambient - you want 3 temps in that tank - 80ish F on cool side 90's F in middle of the tank and the surface basking temps which would keep the ambient temp of around 100 F or so --- your dragon will not eat w/ out the temps being on par along w/ the UVB ---- please tell me the UVB your using post a pic of the box or the bulb itself --- this is crucial for the dragons growth and over all health
The temperature is on the higher side dw.
(I've tried moving the lamp around to see if that was the reason too)

Attachments

• 1708523249922922842733237321023.jpg
    1708523249922922842733237321023.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 17085232803504947738161292706508.jpg
    17085232803504947738161292706508.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 27

Juno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Glaurung
She was asking if your uvb is a coil or long tube. The coils are not good. The Zoomed or Arcadia are the best or something equivalent. Also it best if it's mounted under the screen. The screen blocks a large amount of the uvb.
What screen?
Do i need to put a mesh to block some of it?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What screen?
Do i need to put a mesh to block some of it?
Please get a long tube fixture for a uvb - I am going to post 3 good UVB's the one your using is not a good one ---- and please get those digital probe thermometers ---
you want a 24" fixture so pick one of the ones I am posting for you
Zoo Med this has a 5.0 bulb replace the bulb w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 I will post the link for this one as well
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
22" bulb Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood
or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun above
you want the 2 ft or 24" fixture
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
are you in the states? Is there a screen on the tank ? The sunlamp can be used for a basking lamp but not very good for UVB

Juno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Glaurung
Please get a long tube fixture for a uvb - I am going to post 3 good UVB's the one your using is not a good one ---- and please get those digital probe thermometers ---
you want a 24" fixture so pick one of the ones I am posting for you
Zoo Med this has a 5.0 bulb replace the bulb w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 I will post the link for this one as well
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
22" bulb Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood
or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun above
you want the 2 ft or 24" fixture
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
are you in the states? Is there a screen on the tank ?
Italy.
Screen? Like glass? Or mesh?
It has a glass front with aeration holes at the sides.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Wood?
It's all wood apart from the front
Ok so uvb will need to go inside- distance directly above the basking decor 12-15 inches- please get the uvb and digital probe thermometers ASAP - your dragon will not eat or survive w/ out this being on par

Juno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Glaurung
Ok so uvb will need to go inside- distance directly above the basking decor 12-15 inches- please get the uvb and digital probe thermometers ASAP - your dragon will not eat or survive w/ out this being on par
It's the same setup me and some of my family members already used for other reptiles (including pogonas), so i don't think that's the main problem tho.
Aside for the lack of appetite, the little dragon is healthy and active, he poops too.
Still, i will get the lamps as soon as i can either way, seeing that maybe i could give uvb to the whole terrarium, and leave the basking spot with the heated lamp.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It's the same setup me and some of my family members already used for other reptiles (including pogonas), so i don't think that's the main problem tho.
Aside for the lack of appetite, the little dragon is healthy and active, he poops too.
Still, i will get the lamps as soon as i can either way, seeing that maybe i could give uvb to the whole terrarium, and leave the basking spot with the heated lamp.
Did you disinfect the tank after the other dragon died- your dragon is too young to not be eating- he won't last long- please get the tank up to par- keep him hydrated please

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudeGurl
Top Bottom