Blood after difficult poo?

Shotty.Sub

Beardie name(s)
Fiona
Hi,

Our beardie is entering brumation. She never fully sleeps, but gets real slow and sleeps a lot. She was recently tested for parasites and is clean.

We had been trying to get one last poo out of her. She normally poos 1-2x a week outside of brumation. It had been about 2-3 weeks. Reduced crickets intake and been giving her mostly greens. A few bath massages. She did this exact routine last here, so not too concerned.

We finally got the poo today and it was extremely large, about 3x bigger than her usual. The poo was well hydrated, but the urate itself was a bit hard on the inside. She struggled to get it out, which she's never done before. Then at the end there was a tiny bit of fresh blood. I assume it's just because of the difficult push? Gave her a bath immediately after and didn't notice any significant blood and she was perky and alert in the bathtub.

I think it was just a big poo that took a bit of effort to get out causing a tiny bit of bleeding, but nothing to be terribly concerned about, but this is our first bearded dragon. So wanted to post here in case we're missing anything due to lack of experience :)

1702482360244.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi,

Our beardie is entering brumation. She never fully sleeps, but gets real slow and sleeps a lot. She was recently tested for parasites and is clean.

We had been trying to get one last poo out of her. She normally poos 1-2x a week outside of brumation. It had been about 2-3 weeks. Reduced crickets intake and been giving her mostly greens. A few bath massages. She did this exact routine last here, so not too concerned.

We finally got the poo today and it was extremely large, about 3x bigger than her usual. The poo was well hydrated, but the urate itself was a bit hard on the inside. She struggled to get it out, which she's never done before. Then at the end there was a tiny bit of fresh blood. I assume it's just because of the difficult push? Gave her a bath immediately after and didn't notice any significant blood and she was perky and alert in the bathtub.

I think it was just a big poo that took a bit of effort to get out causing a tiny bit of bleeding, but nothing to be terribly concerned about, but this is our first bearded dragon. So wanted to post here in case we're missing anything due to lack of experience :)

View attachment 85957
Poop looks fine

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think it was just a big poo that took a bit of effort to get out causing a tiny bit of bleeding, but nothing to be terribly concerned about
Correct. Large size plus hard urates can cause that. The one-off odd poo isn't typically something to be concerned with.

-Brandon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom