Bloodshot eyes repost

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
1698360375469.jpeg

Soo… it’s gotten worse, as you can see. His eyes are seriously freaking me out, it’s been a while and it isn’t going away. He’s stopped itching his eyes but now he seems to have messed of precision, I’ll hold a slice of pepper (his favourite non-insect food) but he’ll just stare around with his pupils changing size without a clue what’s going on.

His hunting has been off, too. He’ll be stalking a cricket then pause to stare around as if confused and run in the complete opposite direction. When I put the pepper to his lips he immediately eats it from my hand, same with black soldier flies.

Am I just being unreasonable? The only thing that has changed is his basking bulb, which is a bit brighter I guess? It’s all placed on the mesh, and the UVB is a 14%

Last edited:

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I can’t say, sorry but it could be an infection or an injury or just irritation something may be in his eye.
Maybe? He’s had it for a while, I posted about it back in September I think (don’t know the date). He just got it suddenly, and absolutely nothing had changed.

He doesn’t have anything that could’ve gotten in his eye, I don’t use loose substrate and the tank is pretty clean overall. None of my other bearded dragons have had this.

I just edited the post to add more information. Despite being an owner with 10+ years of experience, I still tend to freak out about stuff. Guess that’s just me 😅

Beardie name(s)
Emeril
Maybe? He’s had it for a while, I posted about it back in September I think (don’t know the date). He just got it suddenly, and absolutely nothing had changed.

He doesn’t have anything that could’ve gotten in his eye, I don’t use loose substrate and the tank is pretty clean overall. None of my other bearded dragons have had this.

I just edited the post to add more information. Despite being an owner with 10+ years of experience, I still tend to freak out about stuff. Guess that’s just me 😅

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I read the other post and you say he’s been scratching his rock? Does he still do that?
No, I’m guessing he just had an itch since he did it twice on two separate occasions (couple days apart). That’s the least of my concerns. Also another important thing to note is my lighting is all up to date (absolutely no coil bulbs, no coloured basking bulbs, etc). I doubt it could be lighting irritation.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Did you have pics of it a while back that were clearer ? Red rimmed is normal in some beardies, let me see if I have a pic like that of one of mine. BRB

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Did you have pics of it a while back that were clearer ? Red rimmed is normal in some beardies, let me see if I have a pic like that of one of mine. BRB
here is a picture from October 9th:
1698371649253.jpg

From September 27th:
1698371843294.jpg

From September 16th:
1698372126554.jpeg

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom