My superworm breeding kit Pic Heavy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Griffin

Juvie Member
Ok, So next up on the shopping list is some oat meal. Do your superworms prefer cinnamon and sugar oat meal or apples and cinnamon? :p

PuffPuff11

Hatchling Member
Why are my beetles missing half of their bodies? Yesterday I moved the beetles from one bin into another so the baby worms (if there are any) will be in a bin by themselves. I noticed one beetle yesterday missing its exoskeleton but none of the others were like that. But today there are like 2 to 3 others that half of their whole body is missing... im surprised they are still alive.
Should i throw those beetles away incase it is disease?

And I am afraid that some of the baby worms might have be transplanted into the new bind with the beetles....
What is the best way to transfer the beetles without taking babies with them?

Camel413

Hatchling Member
When i transfer my beetles i just pick them up one by one and transfer them. It does take a while but i have had good luck like that.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Peter do you want a good laugh? Well I don't think it's funny but I'm sure you will. :lol:

First off let me tell you that you had better cover your worm bins. And this is why. Nix the last pic that I posted as those are not supers. :shock: :lol: The first pic was.

You know the little moths that like to attack dry goods well...........I must have had some lay eggs in my worm bins and I have cazillions of moth larva they look like magots. But I put them into a container to see if they were moths or flies. Well they were moths. I now have started a new worm bin with a lid. I was thinking that I didn't need a lid as the supers are not suppose to be able to climb. I didn't think about anything getting into my worms and laying eggs. :roll:

But I have baby supers again now. :lol:

Puffpuff11 are you putting a piece of carrot, potatoe, or apple in with your beetles?

Peter Griffin

Juvie Member
Yeah, I had bought one of those drawer things and put the worms in Dixie cups, to keep them separated, maybe about 2 in 10 climb out, into another cup, then promptly eat or get eaten by another worm. What a process.

PuffPuff11

Hatchling Member
yeah... the beeltes and worms have potatos and carrots....
I havent checked on the beeltes pretty much since i posted that because i have been so busy...
im not sure how they are doing now....
I think i may have injured them when tranplanting... becuase i scraped them off the egg carton with a spoon.... i didnt want to touch them...

Now that i have a separate bin for the babies (i cant seem them yet if there are any).... do i need to put potato in there?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
PuffPuff11":243d0 said:
yeah... the beeltes and worms have potatos and carrots....
I havent checked on the beeltes pretty much since i posted that because i have been so busy...
im not sure how they are doing now....
I think i may have injured them when tranplanting... becuase i scraped them off the egg carton with a spoon.... i didnt want to touch them...

Now that i have a separate bin for the babies (i cant seem them yet if there are any).... do i need to put potato in there?
I usually use a paper towel roll or TP roll instead of egg crate an I just transfer the entire roll. The beetles seem to not be laying eggs in the roll but in the substrate.

Yes you must make sure that the baby supers have a moisture supply to or they will eat each other to obtain the moisture that they need to stay alive.

PuffPuff11

Hatchling Member
I scraped them off the egg crate because i was afraid there would be some babies on there...
but i guess next time i will transfer the whole thing.

When i get home i will put some potato in there.... i hope they already havent eaten each other.... i think its been about a week since i transfered the beeltes out.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
It takes a few weeks before you can see them even with a magnifying glass.
An yeah just transfer the whole egg crate. :)

Camel413

Hatchling Member
Mine are growing, its just slow, i have added 2 different batches to the orignal so i have several sizes growing. My largest ones are now probably about 3/16" long now.

PuffPuff11

Hatchling Member
I have Babies!!!!
They are still microscopic... and I ran out of worms so I had to order more but thats okay because now I have babies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom