My superworm breeding kit Pic Heavy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJean

Extreme Poster
nesta's mommy":4d0d2 said:
oh jeez, these cups have holes in them... am i gonna be feeding nesta one day and beetles are gonna jump out at me?!

ps. my hubby slept on the couch last night and refuses to come in our room unless he's positive.

:laughhard:

I need to read through this thread and figure out how to grow my own. I just can't do roaches.

darla200010

Sub-Adult Member
Hi mommy, I just wanted to ease your mind a bit. I use one of the bin type whatchamajiggers, never had a problem with escapes. The beetles are pretty harmless, fairly slow and can't climb well. Their feet are kinda sticky and won't just fall of your hand if you shake it real hard. My brave son was going to show me up when we first started breeding them. He picked a beetle up to show me how brave he was. When he decided he'd had enough and tried to put it down, the little bugger had other plans. By then my son panicked and shook his hand violently but the bug held fast. We escaped that day and every day since with no bodily harm or anything close. I did wet my pants from laughing so hard, but you don't need to know that. Don't worry about the beetles, it will be ok.

dawnki

Juvie Member
Supers give me the creeps.

I hate how they wiggle around spaztic and bite your ( or I should say MY) fingers. I've tried tweezers but ew----they are nasty. bruno likes them though. :roll:

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
darla200010":df806 said:
Hi mommy, I just wanted to ease your mind a bit. I use one of the bin type whatchamajiggers, never had a problem with escapes. The beetles are pretty harmless, fairly slow and can't climb well. Their feet are kinda sticky and won't just fall of your hand if you shake it real hard. My brave son was going to show me up when we first started breeding them. He picked a beetle up to show me how brave he was. When he decided he'd had enough and tried to put it down, the little bugger had other plans. By then my son panicked and shook his hand violently but the bug held fast. We escaped that day and every day since with no bodily harm or anything close. I did wet my pants from laughing so hard, but you don't need to know that. Don't worry about the beetles, it will be ok.

well i'm just more concerned about if they will morph at all as i'm not attempting at all to breed them. :) i've got my dubias :)

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
dawnki":f4678 said:

I hate how they wiggle around spaztic and bite your ( or I should say MY) fingers. I've tried tweezers but ew----they are nasty. bruno likes them though. :roll:

dawnki,

have you tried those huge 10" tweezers that they sell at petco/petsmart?

they are amazing! use them for my roaches, supers, crix, etc and they can't even come near you, its great!

dawnki

Juvie Member
nesta's mommy":ca5d7 said:
dawnki":ca5d7 said:

dawnki,

have you tried those huge 10" tweezers that they sell at petco/petsmart?

they are amazing! use them for my roaches, supers, crix, etc and they can't even come near you, its great!

I'll definitely have to try those larger tweezers. I fed bruno more supers this morning----good god they are creeeepy. I guess they are putting up the 'fight for their life' but all that wigglin really gets to me. :shock:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
nesta's mommy":dc4f4 said:
oh jeez, these cups have holes in them... am i gonna be feeding nesta one day and beetles are gonna jump out at me?!

ps. my hubby slept on the couch last night and refuses to come in our room unless he's positive.

No nesta's mommy you must stress the super out before it will morph. Meaning that it must be
seperated into a seperate container from anyother worms without food or any substrate inorder
to morph into the little alien looking thing before it will even turn into a beetle.
I use to buy those cups when I got my first beardie and never did I have one morph.
Tell your hubby that he doesn't have to sleep on the couch to come back to bed, unless you like
it that way. :lol: :wink:

LJean it's really easy I think the biggest mistake that most people make is they give up before
they see the baby supers. Remember I wrote that they were microscopic. Just to give you an idea.
I left my beetles in the container of substrate for about 3 weeks. Then I took the beetles out and
moved them to another container. Well 3 weeks after removing the beetles from the first container
this is what I found.

100_5493.jpg

I looked again this morning an I can now see the meal substrate moving an if I look real
close I see hundreds of these itty bitty supers.

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
fresnowitte":61871 said:
nesta's mommy":61871 said:

No nesta's mommy you must stress the super out before it will morph. Meaning that it must be
seperated into a seperate container from anyother worms without food or any substrate inorder
to morph into the little alien looking thing before it will even turn into a beetle.
I use to buy those cups when I got my first beardie and never did I have one morph.
Tell your hubby that he doesn't have to sleep on the couch to come back to bed, unless you like

LJean it's really easy I think the biggest mistake that most people make is they give up before
they see the baby supers. Remember I wrote that they were microscopic. Just to give you an idea.
I left my beetles in the container of substrate for about 3 weeks. Then I took the beetles out and
moved them to another container. Well 3 weeks after removing the beetles from the first container
this is what I found.

100_5493.jpg

I looked again this morning an I can now see the meal substrate moving an if I look real

wow, thanks so much for telling me that. i've just told my husband that and he's agreed to come back in:) thanks for all your responses!

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
fresnowitte":15903 said:
nesta's mommy":15903 said:

this is what I found.

100_5493.jpg

wow, thanks so much for telling me that. i've just told my husband that and he's agreed to come back in:) thanks for all your responses!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Chris you started this thread on July 16th..............
I'm just wondering how big are/aren't your baby Supers now.
Just trying to figure out how long an at what rate they grow.
Picture Please! :D

Camel413

Hatchling Member
Im not sure Fres, i was wanting to know also. I have been trying to breed them for a while. I get plenty of beetles but no babies yet. I had beetles for over a month and i removed all the oats and put it in another container to hatch the eggs. Well after another month i still have no babies. After seeing your post im trying to be patient but its hard.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Camel you probably have babies but they are just so small when they hatch that it is hard to tell
if your looking at the dark strand that's going down the middle of a piece of oat, a peice of one
of the other grains, or a worm. Even with a magnifying glass. :shock:

Sense I posted that pic of one in a black plastic spoon they do not seem to have grown any.
These boogers are slow growing, but my question is how slow do they grow? :lol:
I've had to start a larger tub with my eggs and baby substrate. :blob8:
So I got that part down now I just need to keep them alive until their grown.

As you can tell I'm pretty excited only if they would just get big enough that I don't get a headache
when I'm starring so hard just to see them.

I have patients but this is crazy. :p :help: :laughing6:

clear

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Sorry! I have lots of little tiny babies, and just morphed more supers, I have been working on my other breeding projects and almost forgot about the supers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom