My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
FortheLoveofLizzie":la22qjme said:
What a beautiful thread! Rip girls. So sweet. Thank you for sharing this.
you're welcome! We still have Rosie and Lil Squirt. An update on them is forth-coming. Hopefully this weekend. I finally have a good picture of Lil Squirts chin.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Squirt thanks you, Diane. We are blessed to have her, even tho she is seriously stubborn. For her safety this evening I had to put her back on Bill because he was wearing a shirt that was easier for her to cling to than the shirt I was wearing. We went to a Bible study at our church as soon as I got home so no time to wish her a happy 2nd Birthday. We took her with us and let them know it's her 2nd birthday. She has been growing in length. I measured her earlier this month and she was just barely over 13 inches long. She grew about 1/2 an inch in just half a month. She was just over 13.5 inches this morning. It seems she's growing more, length wise, during this last few months than she did when she first got her. She has bonded with us really well and is very comfortable in being even more stubborn than she was the few months after we got her. Bill said she was jumping off of him into a mesquite tree, then into the peach tree. She is getting more active.

KahliLizard

Hatchling Member
As many people are saying, that is a very sweet story. It just shows how close they were that they died just days apart. Did you get them at the same place and time?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
KahliLizard":1riv53bh said:
As many people are saying, that is a very sweet story. It just shows how close they were that they died just days apart. Did you get them at the same place and time?
Thank you, we still miss them all. The first two were best friends when we were given them. We lost Miss O just under two months later. Then we got two more from a pet store just down the street (Tucson, AZ) from our vet's office. One we named Redrock and another one we named Sandstone (because of their coloring). Sandstone disappeared about 4 months later and we had Redrock for just short of three years (if I remember correctly). Then, just before Redrock was fatally injured, we were given another one we named Speedy Gonzales at first because as soon as we got her under a good UVB, she got fast, easily. Later we called her Goldie because of her coloring. We got Rosie at the end of September of that year and she's still here. Goldie we lost at the end of July two years ago. We think she had kidney problems. We got Lil Squirt (at two she's still growing length wise) On November 7th of 2012.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank you. Squirt says "thanks". I believe Rosie's birthday is in the middle of June, also. She's 6 years old now while Squirt is 2 as of June 18th. Squirt is the only beardie we've ever had that we know her hatch date.

Thanks for coming on here and posting.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I haven't been on here to update in a while. I have a lot of pics, but it will take me awhile to find the ones I want to share, so it may be awhile before I share more pics.

Squirt's belly got really big compared to the rest of her body. I was like she was 75% stomach and 25% the rest of her body. Then a couple of weeks ago she started digging which worried her dad because our ground is hard and if she digs like Rosie does sometimes she will loose the sharpness in her claws and the ability to cling, just like Rosie did. He kept stopping her from digging in certain places and putting her in a new place where it was easier for her to dig. Finally last Wednesday while I was at work Bill told me that Rosie let Lil Squirt know that she could use her hole. Rosie doesn't need it now as she only laid about 3 or 4 eggs total this year. Suirt laid about 9 outside (Bill got them out of the hole to bring them in and take a picture of them) then she laid several more inside (she must not have been done but Bill didn't know that). When we got home from our Wednesday night bible study he saw one outside of our front door on the top step then another one in the bedroom. She laid a total of 17. The way he took the picture of the eggs it's easy to count them.

I will try to post the "before" pic of Lil Squirt (she gave me a look "you had to do that, didn't you!?!" after the pic was taken. She's a lot skinnier now then she was a week ago. The fat pads on her head had sunken in, which I new meant she had eggs along with the other signs I've read about, they are filling in better as she drank a lot of water after the egg laying.

More later, must get ready for Church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom