My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
A few days ago I was holding Lil Squirt and I told her I had to put her down (meaning on the bed) I pulled her off of my shoulder and this is her response to my statement:
14006-412848718.jpg
Can we say SSSTTTTUUUBBBOOORRRNNN!?

Rosie has been asleep for the last three months, except for about 3 days two different times. My other half checked on her on Saturday and she was waking up, complete with black beard. I woke her up yesterday and today also. She ate 4 supers on Saturday, 7 supers yesterday and today 2 greens. I'm thinking she might be awake for the spring. I don't know if she will go back to sleep if we get our cold days again next month.

Here is them both, caught napping
14006-3904016563.jpg

I sure do like Alex's new photo uploading program. It's a LOT easier than Photobucket which changed so much I'm not sure how to use it anymore.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Lil Squirt is just too funny! Can't put her down for a minute. And the picture of them napping is just adorable! :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, definitely likes to be held by Mama, can you tell? She just didn't want to let go :lol:

Your girls are so sweet together :love5:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That sure is a death grip! Too cute!

What an adorable photo of the girls napping together.
Was Lil Squirt happy to see her sister?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Deb, Squirt's always like that. Probably because she has her daddy all day and I work, usually from the time she wakes up (sometimes before) and then when I get home from work she's asleep in our bed. They both prefer to sleep on us, but then it's hard to get stuff done because they both slip all the time it seems.

Gina, she wasn't really happy to see Rosie. I think it's more because she's used to undivided attention from the both of us and was thinking "gee, now I have to share attention.

Rosie had a black beard a bit the first day or two she was awake. She ate 7 supers the first day, before she was warm enough, the next day she ate 4 supers.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hi all. I was wondering if someone has an idea if this is a problem or not. Lil Squirt last pooped on Feb 12, 2105 and we are getting a bit concerned. It's been just about 1.5 weeks since she pooped. I do know that Deb mentioned elctrolites when her kids don't poop (I would say 'boys' but I notice she now has 2 female - again). Anyway, how long should she go between poops. Her appetite doesn't seem very good - maybe because she's not pooped in 1.5 weeks. i do remember one time that I was home and she had pooped I saw 2 fairly long urates. I can't help wondering why she had 2 urates? I've never seen 2 urates, and not short ones, either before. I appreciate any input from you guys.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sometimes, if it's been a long time for poops, the urates grow & get long and hard and plug them up, so baths daily for awhile, warmer than usual. Pumpkin also has worked well for me or applesauce without sugar or some mineral oil. Electrolytes can be given with pedialyte and you can make your own: 1 qt hot water, 1 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt. Mix well. I do this recipe x4 with hot water, then put cold until it's just over warm & that's what I soak my dragons in for a few days. 1 1/2 wks without poops means she's plugged up. All of these above will help. You don't want her to get backed way up, that would mean a vet visit

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks, Deb. We will try it tomorrow. I had printed out your instructions so we have it on hand to try. I had remembered the applesauce and the pedialyte but the last time we tried it, it expired before we could get it used up. I will keep you posted about how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom