My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great that they both ate well. Would love to see a pic of both of them sometime.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I have a question if anyone can answer. I bought some colored chard recently, it tastes good but I was wondering if it's o.k. for beardies. I looked on the nutrition list and didn't see chard of any kind, including colored chard.

SDragon

Juvie Member
I have a vague recollection of seeing it was best avoided, due to ox acid i think (I know it is definitely present but at what levels I'm not sure). I can't recall where I saw this, but in the spirit of being cautious I thought I'd mention it. Hopefully someone can chime in with something more concrete either way.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Beautiful Dragons' Nutritional Content chart only listed "Swiss Chard"; not sure if they're the same or not.

8482-7196035958.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Squirt just laid 18 eggs this afternoon. I think they look a bit bigger than the last batch (just went back a page to check the date - March 22,15) This afternoon, during our nap that wasn't, she started laying eggs while sitting on Bill's chest. I told Bill not to worry, but as they are like children to us (I never had human children of my own) it's hard not to worry, especially when you see the fat pads on top of the head sink in, then the tail loosing some fat didn't help any. I figured she'd be fine, I just hope she starts eating a lot tomorrow (too late today as they are both asleep). Lil squirt is the first female we've ever had that laid eggs this close together, but then Rosie is the first beardie we've had that laid eggs, Lil Squirt is the second.
Bill took pics of the eggs, I'll try to post them tomorrow, no guarantees as we won't be back from church until about 2pm.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Poor Lil Squirt. Don't you wish that we could stop them from making eggs simply by asking?

Hope 18 eggs will be all that she has and that she'll start to eat and get her fat pads back again.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
After she laid those eggs, I noticed the fat pads on her head were flat and a bit sunken in and I noticed her tail base was out of fat also. She ate 3 supers yesterday, then she ate about 8 this morning for me, she ate 1 for Bill when I was at work she ate 3 greens also. She went after a caterpillar but Bill was able to take it out of her mouth and she didn't eat it. Miss Y ate a black one (she was one of the best-friend pair we first had) one time outside and was sick for about 24 hours. We never allowed that again.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
guess who's getting eggs again?

I was going to post a picture - new one but I need to figure out how to get new pics. I guess it's been too long of a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom