My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's great that Lil Squirt hasn't laid anymore eggs, nor looking like she will again for this year.
MoMo hasn't had another clutch either, and Digi never had another clutch since the birth of Gianna. Thank god!

Unfortunately, brumation has started in my house. Digi had been hiding deep inside her cave for a few days out of each week for the past month, then would want out to sit in front of the window for another few days. Gianna had been exceptionally quiet and not as active, but sure had been inhaling her food.

I hope neither Rosie nor Lil Squirt brumate this year, or at least one will stay awake so you could have someone to snuggle with.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
That's exactly what I told Lil Squirt earlier this week. I told her I would allow her to sleep for many days if she wanted to but I'd prefer she didn't so we could snuggle her. I mentioned the same to Rosie. She didn't lay any eggs this year. She turned 7 so she may be slowing down. She has been gaping more, even when the temps are in the 70's or low 80's and she's not in her basking spot.
I can't help wondering if it's because she's older or if she has something wrong.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Is Rosie's gaping accompanied with difficulty in breathing, as in not being able to catch her next breath?

I hope it's just environmental (too dry heat) and nothing is wrong with her.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks for that question, Gina. I didn't see any of that and I asked Bill because he's home with her more than I am. He didn't see anything like that, either. This time of year here it's not because of a dry heat. We are at the end of the Monsoon season. She has been doing that for the last 6 to 8 months, before the monsoon hit in July (2015) and since we've had more rain this year than normal, the humidity has been in the 40 to 60 range in the last 3 months. I figured maybe that it's just because she's getting older.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
The last couple of weeks have been stressful and strange. My mother had a joint in her left hip replaced on November 10th. Ir went fine and she got out of the hospital on Thursday the 12th. I found ot on the 19th (Thursday) that she had fallen and was taken to emergency. She had broken her leg up near the implant. They did surgery yesterday and had to put a different implant in with a longer extension. Not being a medical person I'm not sure about how that works but, apparently she had shattered part of her bone. She will be in a local care facility for 3 months and won't be able to put any weight on that leg for a long time. She came through surgery fine but didn't get back to her room until about 7:30 last night. She was sleepy. They moved her to a room across the hall today, I haven't been into see her today as I have to make two apple pies, one for us and one for our church's thanksgiving dinner tomorrow after church, after which, we have the funeral for our church's piano player who died last Saturday morning. Her health had been going down hill for a long time but she kept going to church anytime she could and playing piano every Sunday. We will miss her but we are happy for her as we know she's in heaven with Jesus and is happier than she's ever been in this life. We will see her again when God calls us home. I am soo thankful for my husband who God gave to me 33 years ago and that He's with us always through anything, both good and bad. I remember 3 years ago after we lost Goldie, we missed her, and still do. I remember hurting at her loss so I gave her (ad the pain of her loss) to Jesus. IT helped me to deal with her loss. I miss her and I wish I could have all the 7 beardies we have and those we've lost over the years all at one time, but Bill has always said, he can only take care of 2 at one time.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh, Lori, I am so sorry that your Mother broke her leg. Hope her recovery will be painless and fast.

I'm also sorry that your church's piano player had passed away. Sounds like she truly loved her church family.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks, Gina. Velida, our church pianist and Aunt to our Pastor his wife and large family, really loved God also. She had been ill for awhile and had slowed down in her playing a lot. She was ready to go home (heaven). We all will miss her but we are comforted in knowing that she is home with her Lord.

I was told that my mother will not be able to put any weight on her leg for quite a while and that she will be in a local care center for at least 3 months.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I had typed a long reply Lori and then lost it.

So sorry to hear that your mom had to go through 2 surgeries so close together, must have been hard on her and the whole family. That break must have been so painful. Hope she isn't in a lot of pain & that the healing process can start so that she can go for rehab. Sounds like it is going to be a very long process for her. :( Please keep us updated on how she is doing.

Sorry to hear about the piano lady at your church. She sounds like a strong woman and must really have enjoyed playing since she contined to play the piano when she wasn't feeling well. She is now at peace.

Bill is a very special man and stands by you no matter what. What a special guy he is.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank you,Diane. Bill is my gift from God. He put us together and we will celebrate 33 years of marriage in December.

I will try to see my mom in the hospital before work tomorrow. Hopefully I can get in to see her before I have to be at work at 10:30 am. I wanted to go in to see her yesterday but we had apple pies to make and that takes time. We did one for the potluck after church this morning and one for our own use this week. I am going to see if they will let me take a piece in to my mother in the hospital this week. I don't know if she will be in the hospital for Thanksgiving or at the local care center. Apparently the Doctor didn't give my mother any choice, which I tend to agree with him after her fall.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I was able to see my mom for awhile before work. I watched tech help her walk and give her instructions about how to not put more than 50 pounds on her injured leg and help/teach her to walk better. I found out she was being transferred to a local care center today, which she was after lunch. I went by there for a bit to see her after 6pm. I have to help her get a notary to sign the title for her car that she had totaled in an accident the Wednesday before her first surgery. What a month, the week of mom's first surgery we had 2 vehicles down, out of two running. I am soo thankful that God helped us get through that week and getting those problems solved. Just soo much going on that we have to take care of tomorrow - and I have to work also.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hi all. It's been quite a month (December) Still dealing with things that cropped up with my mom still in the local care center. She is doing better. We are down to one vehicle as our car has a gas leak and the man we trust to fix it can't work on it until next week (we hope). Rosie woke up for two days last week but didn't wake up the third day. I will try to post pics but we have to go into town to see my mom, give her the mail I haven't had time (or energy) to give to her since much after Christmas.

I need to figure out how to get the pics where I can post them I haven't done it in at least a couple of months. I'll try later this evening. If that's not successful I won't be able to till after the 15th.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Is your Mom improving at all? When will she be able to go home?

Sorry that you won't be able to fix your other car. Hope it won't be too long until he'll have the time.

You don't have to upload your photos to any file sharing site; you can use the User Image Upload Manager.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I remember that you can go to a place here, but I just didn't remember how to do it or where to go. Thanks for the link.

My mother is doing better and has a doctor appt today. She says she will probably be able to go home but she has to wait to see what the doctor who did the hip surgery says,

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
How did your mom's appointment go, Lori, hope all is well and she can move home soon.

And I'm hoping your car can be fixed with minimal fuss. I had the same, gas smell all over the place and it ended up being the "O" rings in the engine, minimal cost to fix, thank goodness. So hopefully that's all it is.

So is Rosie up yet or still brumating? I got Cierra up for her bath, some TV under the ramp UVB and snuggles and then she went right back to sleep, I miss my girl.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hi Deb, Rosie has been awake for 4 days - total - since she first started brumating. She usually sleeps for one, maybe two weeks then is awake for a day or two then back down. This year she just slept so soundly, she woke up Wednesday and yesterday but slept today. We woke her up in late December but she still seemed sleepy that time. I put an update on what Squirt tried to do to Rosie yesterday while they were outside. My mother got home today. She feels like she is not healed enough to drive yet. She is glad to be home. She's been out of her house since November 18th, 2016. My brother called me while I was going back to work after a late lunch (busy time of year for us) asking (almost telling) me to stop by and check on her as she hasn't gotten her necklace yet. (the thing elderly people should get when they live alone and if they fall they push the button and someone is called to help them.
It feels strange to think of my mother as elderly, I still think of her at the age she was when I was still in High School, but I've been out of HS for almost 39 years so I'm getting older also.

Our car is fixed, just got it back Wednesday evening after work. The gas leak was a pin hole in a cover of the fuel line. The mechanic had to take the engine apart to find out what was wrong with it. It was close to $295 to fix it. Thankfully we had some saved from the last pay check and this one will cover it, also some $ from a savings account to pay for fixing it. I'm thankful we don't have payments on the car. Fixing newer cars cost a lot, especially when they are a 1996 and newer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom