My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor Squirt must be drained from laying all those eggs. It seems possible that she strained her leg from all the digging. If you happen to have some Serrapeptase on hand (anti-inflammatory), that should help her out.

Hope she doesn't lay eggs again for a while to give her body a chance to build back up.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
No, Dianne. I don't have any Serrapeptase on hand. That was my thought, also. She seems soo tired, just wants to sit and watch. This morning she was sitting on her log and watching me get dressed for work. I wanted to snuggle her but I didn't have the time.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
beardie parents":5ebn9qbl said:
No, Dianne. I don't have any Serrapeptase on hand. That was my thought, also. She seems soo tired, just wants to sit and watch. This morning she was sitting on her log and watching me get dressed for work. I wanted to snuggle her but I didn't have the time.
mint and basil will help with inflammation, most people know of the parasite killing properties but not many that i have talked to know of inflammation reducing properties. if you do a peppermint poultice on her arm it can help and have her eat it with basil.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardymama33":3j4m34zo said:
beardie parents":3j4m34zo said:
mint and basil will help with inflammation, most people know of the parasite killing properties but not many that i have talked to know of inflammation reducing properties. if you do a peppermint poultice on her arm it can help and have her eat it with basil.

Thanks. She seems to be doing better. She was outside with her daddy after church this afternoon and the rest she's given herself the last week or so seems to have helped her arm heal because she was roaming a lot more than she had been the last couple of weeks and walking better. I am not sure how to make a poultice, though. Thanks for the information.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
beardie parents":7uuvd1m5 said:
Beardymama33":7uuvd1m5 said:
beardie parents":7uuvd1m5 said:

Thanks. She seems to be doing better. She was outside with her daddy after church this afternoon and the rest she's given herself the last week or so seems to have helped her arm heal because she was roaming a lot more than she had been the last couple of weeks and walking better. I am not sure how to make a poultice, though. Thanks for the information.
for a poutice you put the mint im a processor or finely chop and mash it up with a bit of water (a few drops to get it to become a semi loose paste) then put a tiny bit on her arm or other area inflamed or injured to help.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Lil Squirt is showing signs of hormones. She suddenly goes after Rosie while both are outside. She head bobs from time to time, even when she has just gotten up in the am and is on my shoulder. I know because I can feel her head bobbing.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Do you think she's going to be making eggs again, Lori? Cierra just laid 30 infertile eggs on Wednesday, but she's fine and eating lots, so gaining weight already.
You tell Lil Squirt to behave herself :shock:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":2d6do3oq said:
You tell Lil Squirt to behave herself :shock:
:laughhard:
Behave herself!? I mentioned above her problem walking. I had not seen it before earlier today, early afternoon I was out with both of them. Rosie was acting hungry and had wandered into the tree well, looking for something to eat there. So I called my husbands cell phone to ask him to bring out something for her to eat. It rang 2X and then I had to hang up because Lil Squirt had, quicker than I can walk right now, ran over to Rosie and bit at her neck, just behind Rosie's left chin. I got her away from Rosie, telling her she was a bad girl for doing that. After that and when Rosie had eating 12 pieces of greens, she also ate 7 supers, Rosie went wandering over to near one of our rose bushes and Lil Squirt went over, facing where Rosie had gone, she would hobble a bit then run very fast. She did this a couple of times. I am not sure why she is not able walk well one minute then is able to run very fast the next minute. I could be that she's either trying to fool us so she can get after Rosie (seriously? we are her parents) or maybe her hormones make the pain go away. The way I saw her walk today was more a normal walk with only a couple of times hobbling a little bit.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I've not been on here in awhile. I took a picture earlier today of Lil Squirt, Rosie's brumating which right now is good because Lil Squirts mvb bulb is shot but Rosie's is working and we won't be able to buy one for at least one week because of bills due now. Otherwise both girls are doing good, inspite of what we call cold winter times, snow was due in the mountain regions of our area but I was to cold to go out to look and my husband and I are recovering from whatever has hit our area. I got sick about 3 weeks ago, then my husband got it a week later, now my boss and new co-worker is sick also.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
86309-3635229934.jpg

ehem mine brumated for almost 2 months off and on, he swears hes not spoiled....yes thats a bed mommy made with emoji pillows (he has 4 and just got a new hand made pillow) and yes those are covers......but he swears hes not spoiled!!! ehem.... dont all beardies get personal beds, covers, pillows and bed time stories (he listens to creepies) and tucked in like little people? he has to have his head out of the edge and refuses to sleep in a box or a cave! nope, hes people dern it!

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
oh and i forgot to mention that pink is one of his fave colors and his 12 year old human sister bought him a pink poop emoji pillow to add to his collection.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Again I haven't been on here in awhile, hooked on facebook for one. A couple of months ago Lil Squirt (who's now 5) laid 11 eggs in her tank one night, we found them the next morning. A day or two later, she was laying eggs on her dad while napping, I saw it as I had just gotten home from work. She must be really comfortable with us. We have been giving her some extra calcium lately and it's helping her walk better.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
beardie parents":1drbn1m0 said:
Again I haven't been on here in awhile, hooked on facebook for one. A couple of months ago Lil Squirt (who's now 5) laid 11 eggs in her tank one night, we found them the next morning. A day or two later, she was laying eggs on her dad while napping, I saw it as I had just gotten home from work. She must be really comfortable with us. We have been giving her some extra calcium lately and it's helping her walk better.
what she was really telling him is he needed a bath... lol j/k i lovehow she just dropped her eggs off on him, mine has plugs i have to remove and sometimes leaves sticky spots in his bedding....:D ahhhh the joy of having sexually mature dragons: :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Cierra didn't lay eggs this year, but she did for last 2 years. Strange, right? Now she's sleepy and wants to be in her hide, so I get her up in the am, need to know the weight gain wasn't eggs...before she brumates. Nathaniel and Castiel are both asleep. Castiel is shedding, so need to get him up, as soon as my back feels better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom