My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad your mom is home now Lori and yes, she needs that necklace so make sure she has it!

Cierra is the same as Rosie, she's been sleeping since end August and is still asleep. I get her up every Sunday, give her a good long soak, she dries herself under her basking spot and within 2 hours, she's back in her hide. I miss my girl.

It's hard to think of your parents as being old. My dad will be 89 in May, my mom is 80 and I was 60 in November, time goes by so fast!

And I agree, it's great not having car payments. My brother is my car mentor, he helps me keep it up to date and on the road. My sweet car will be 12 years old in April and will be the last car I get in my lifetime, so it's important I keep it in good shape, so far so good!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
My mom has the 'necklace' on order. She said they told her that it would be there on Tuesday. I think she ordered it on Friday, with my Sister-in-law's help, after she got home. All I have is my mom and her sister, Mary. My aunt Mary is 86 (turned 86 in early November 2015) and she's in a local assisted living facility. She is in an area of the facility that is for those with memory problems, including Alzheimers She does have cancer and hasn't had much of an appetite for probably more than 10 months.

The man who fixes our car - yes he's not cheap but he is good and a nice man - lives one mile from our house. It's close and convenient.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Here are some pics I finally took the time to upload. This is a picture of a western fence lizard that we found on our property. It almost looks similar to a beardie, just a lot smaller.
14006-7473772536.jpg
Here's a pic of Squirts chin coloring
14006-2010410321.jpg
Here's squirt and a local horned lizard
14006-4335660380.jpg
a beautiful rainbow from our monsoon season last summer/fall
14006-8363574068.jpg
a certain beardie loves to swim
14006-1724364292.jpg
This was taken on our front yard
14006-5290539996.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Great pics Lori, thanks for sharing. I especially enjoyed the pics of Lil Squirt and the horned lizard and her swimming, Plus the stunning pic of her on the branch.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my goodness! Look at Lil Squirt posing with the horned lizard! I can't believe that you got both of them to sit still long enough for a photo.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Gina, That was only one of the pics of them with horned lizards. We have done several of those pics over the last years. One time we put the horned lizard in one of their tanks and it freaked out, wouldn't stop running all over the tank. It calmed down once we put it in between both of the girls.

Thanks Deb Lil squirt loves to swim. She has been wanting outside every day for the last couple of months. It's been too cold to let her stay outside for very long. When it has been warm enough to take her outside, she doesn't get active.

We have another picture of Lil Squirt and a horned lizard on rocks that are a lot like lava rocks. They were talking together and Squirt seemed to be calming it down, she even put her arm around it. I will post it when I find it. Bill loves to take pics and there are soo many it's like trying to find a certain album or book or cassette tape in our house.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Guess who woke up yesterday?!! Rosie woke up, only the fifth day awake since she first started brumating (I can't remember exactly when, tho). She woke up after I left for work. I got some Rosie and Lil Squirt snuggles after I got home (a little later then normal as I had an errand to do)

I went to see my mother on Monday after work for awhile. I found her using a cane in her home. She has improved (Praise God!) She still must use the walker outside but she has improved so she can use the cane in her house.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Tell Rosie hi for me, hope she's up for good! Cierra is still sleeping, it's almost 6 mo! I miss my girl!

So glad to hear that your mom is walking with a cane in her house, that's a huge improvement!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hooray for Rosie being awake! I'll bet those snuggles felt great.
I miss my girls. Even though I do get to see their heads poking out from their caves about once a week, it's just not the same as having them awake and active.

That's wonderful news that your Mom was using a cane and walking about! It'd be safer for her to continue using the walker when she's out of the house.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Rosie was awake again today! I hope this is for good for the rest of the spring. It has been in the low 70's this week for the first time this winter. Both girls ate supers also. yesterday Lil squirt pooped. She had been backed up for about 2 weeks, more or less. Bill soaked her two or three days in a row, no luck, then he finally got her to eat applesauce but didn't want to overdo it because of the high amount of natural sugar that isn't really good for them long term. We never got her to eat pumpkin.

Mom has been doing what the Dr's and the physical therapist tell her to. She doesn't want another fall. The Dr. (after her 2nd surgery) warned her that if she fell again he couldn't fix it. I'm glad she's doing so much better. A friend of her's (retired nurse) picked her up Monday evening for their monthly circle meeting that she had missed for 2 months in a row. Mom said she had called her and asked if she really wanted to go. I laughed at that as I know she enjoys these meetings.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thank goodness for apple sauce! I'm sure that Lil Squirt felt so much better afterwards.

I think it's time to wrap your Mom up with bubble wrap, so there will never be another chance of her falling and breaking any more bones.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Goonie":dcseyxox said:
I think it's time to wrap your Mom up with bubble wrap, so there will never be another chance of her falling and breaking any more bones.
this is funny, Gina. I am trying to remember who suggested that before. lol

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Lil Squirt has been showing signs of eggs since either late January or early February. We saw those small poops every few weeks. At that time I was worried that she'd get egg bound because she has to dig outside and it was too cold to let her outside at that time. Bill called me Thursday at work and told me she just laid eggs. She laid some in the tree well, on him, in the bed, etc. I'm glad she's so comfortable with us that she can lay eggs where ever she wants. The final total was 16.

BTW my mother had to use the button several weeks ago because she tripped over a hose outside in the back yard, she has a brick fence surrounding the house so no one saw her. The fire dept came and got her up. Thankfully she didn't have any broken bones. The couple of months she stayed in the local care center helped her to be able to take care of herself and she's healed enough so the fall didn't injure her.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thank goodness that Lil Squirt laid only 16 eggs. Hope that will be it for this month.

Sorry to hear that your Mom had fallen. Luckily she didn't break anything.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Lil Squirt has been, seemingly, having problems with her right front leg, like it's sore from all the digging she has been doing for the last several months, but not every day because a lot of the time it was too cold to take her outside. Bill said she fell but seemed o.k. so we don't really know the reason. She usually roams outside a lot, her one way and Rosie another way, but she hasn't been active like she normally is. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this with a female that laid eggs? It seemed like she's been hormonal ever since late January or in February sometime. Right now she seems slow like maybe part of her problem is she's tired after all this time of her being hormonal for such a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom